Return of the “Hey, that’s cool!” thread...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@JA331 is bringing the thunder from 'down under' again this year. This CWC frame started out like this...."I'm going to go with a simple black powder coat finish"....

ja build 4.jpg

When he gets it back from the sand blaster after a long wait, it still has some rust, defective surface, and discoloration on it. He defies the curse of those of us who have overused our hands for years, Mr Art Hritis, and hands scrubs and massages the frame to this....

ja build 1.jpeg

Then he goes further with a new - to -me product called Rust Prevention Magic (RPM) paste to preserve the now bare metal frame he originally hoped in his mind's eye for the finish on this build....

ja build 2.jpeg

And , viola'! He created an amazing result, almost a gun metal / blued finish as the paste darkened the steel some and resulted in this really cool finish.

ja build 3.jpeg

What's the best thing about the buildoffs? Ideas that might not have come to a builder get shared from across the world
Well you could always make a set of three, from large to small.

YOU GAVE ME AN IDEA!
FLYING PORK CHOPS, IN FORMATION:
235495-FPC2.jpg
235493-fpc.jpg

Great collaboration, guys! Making the dream work!

Trying out some ideas for graphics to go the chainguard and some better "Tach" designs.
View attachment 235814

These are done in MS PowerPoint.
Love these decals @handyandy1100 made! The bottom one (letters) reminds me of the days I watched Chip Foose on TV.

I have this notion builds are slowing down a little bit at this time. Maybe because the weather is getting hotter.

Thanks guys. I still can't decide which font to use on the chainguard sticker.
Font #1. Or for a more '70s cartoon looking version, with a Weird oHs vibe; Swung Note font. Here's an example:

mean machine.jpg

Font #1. Or for a more '70s cartoon looking version, with a Weird oHs vibe; Swung Note font. Here's an example:

View attachment 235909
That's a cool font OJ. I don't have it on my laptop, but I guess I can download it off the interwebs. Trouble is, all the phishing and internet safety videos I have to watch at work have me overly paranoid about downloading anything these days! 😆

JA331 overcoming adversity to bring the awesome!
I got a heap of work done this afternoon. I was going at it pretty hard and didn’t bother to take photos
This is awesome:
236168-IMG-4925.jpeg

...but the 3 piece skiptooth is :rockout: ∆W€§°M€!!! :rockout:
236168-IMG-4925~2.jpeg

This is going to earn some votes

JA331 overcoming adversity to bring the awesome!

This is awesome:View attachment 236016
...but the 3 piece skiptooth is :rockout: ∆W€§°M€!!! :rockout: View attachment 236017
This is going to earn some votes
@MattiThundrrr

Thanks heaps buddy.

@JA331 is bringing the thunder from 'down under' again this year. This CWC frame started out like this...."I'm going to go with a simple black powder coat finish"....

View attachment 234929

When he gets it back from the sand blaster after a long wait, it still has some rust, defective surface, and discoloration on it. He defies the curse of those of us who have overused our hands for years, Mr Art Hritis, and hands scrubs and massages the frame to this....

View attachment 234926

Then he goes further with a new - to -me product called Rust Prevention Magic (RPM) paste to preserve the now bare metal frame he originally hoped in his mind's eye for the finish on this build....

View attachment 234927

And , viola'! He created an amazing result, almost a gun metal / blued finish as the paste darkened the steel some and resulted in this really cool finish.

View attachment 234928
@OddJob

I just came across this thread and your awesome post. Thanks heaps man.

Latest posts

Back