Revenant

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
I was going to go to a Lake Michigan shoreline boardwalk biking trail to take a photo, sort of like a board track. I ran out of desire to do any more on this bicycle so I’ll just use a photo from an earlier ride. It’s about as far from its intended riding surface as you can get. It was taken in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, on the Lake Superior shore, at the end of Sand Point Road. You can’t get any farther along the Park shoreline unless you hike or boat. That’s Grand Island National Recreation Area in the Background.
87A3B6FB-D77B-45F6-AF34-9524A3C90155.jpeg

This photo is in our yard.
0B893780-1CD4-46B7-80F1-4FFB9C6E4246.jpeg

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/revenant.115763/

Last edited:
You went above and beyond on this one! Attach a link to your build thread here so furst time viewers can join in your journey with this epic build!

I don’t know how to attach a thread, I’m not geeky. Can you advise please?
While it doesn't take being a 'geek' to attach a thread, it looks like the Capt took care of that for you.

Copy the link address from your browser bar and paste the text in your message. Voila! Posted
Yep, that's all geek to me.
Did learn some of the forum stuff with banjos and boats.

I still use a pen and pad of 5"x8" card stock for a "tablet",
I only have a cell phone, (flip) because my wife got a new one. (also a flip)

An 1890's King brand track bike is something I can understand.
Cool bike !

Lol I thought it was pretty simple, I was able to understand it! I (until very recently) thought my understandings of the geek speak was fairly weak.

Yep, that's all geek to me.
Did learn some of the forum stuff with banjos and boats.

I still use a pen and pad of 5"x8" card stock for a "tablet",
I only have a cell phone, (flip) because my wife got a new one. (also a flip)

An 1890's King brand track bike is something I can understand.
Cool bike !
We have a cell phone, my kids got it for us. It almost always has a dead battery or I forget to bring it with me. We have no cell service here so when we go to where there is cell service I always forget it or else leave it because the battery is dead. A better present would have been a land line phone with automatic answering. This way I could record a message “don’t bother to leave a message, we never remember to listen to them”. I also need the kids to get us a high powered TV sound bar and giant base speaker so I can sort of hear programs. I use closed captioning but it would help if I could make out a few words, makes following the captions easier. The kids would have to set it up. No biggie if I don’t get one from them, when I had my back fusion I spent a bored year watching and waiting for something good to come on.

Awesome build! I love TOC bikes and this one came out terrific! Lots of work to get it there, but the style is great and it's a rider, well done!

Hey Yooper, were you ever able to nail down the year that this bike was manufactured? Just curious, I was looking through your thread and saw "1890's" but no specific year. And is King a USA brand or English or ....?

Hey Yooper, were you ever able to nail down the year that this bike was manufactured? Just curious, I was looking through your thread and saw "1890's" but no specific year. And is King a USA brand or English or ....?
There isn’t enough info out there. Only three documented frame number I could find, all from 1897. Two were from newspaper advertisements listing stolen bicycles with the numbers and one bill of sale. If you assume that the numbers represented the number made, then mine is higher than those listed for 1897. It’s made in Chicago. Made by Monarch Cycle of Chicago, in business 1892-1899. The crank has an 8 stamped on the spindle so perhaps 1898?

There isn’t enough info out there. Only three documented frame number I could find, all from 1897. Two were from newspaper advertisements listing stolen bicycles with the numbers and one bill of sale. If you assume that the numbers represented the number made, then mine is higher than those listed for 1897. It’s made in Chicago. Made by Monarch Cycle of Chicago, in business 1892-1899. The crank has an 8 stamped on the spindle so perhaps 1898?
Cool, thanks!

Latest posts

Back