RIP - Les Paul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RIP - LesPaul

Oh No not LesPaul, man thats a bummer.
I bought my first LesPaul in 1990 its a LesPaul Studio, black and chrome plays better know that it did brand new 8)
Rest in piece LesPaul :cry:

Yeah he was da man.

I was with my brother when he bought a Les Paul Goldtone back in '74. Now the thing sits in its case under my parents' bed!! My 17 yo nephew plays the guitar better than my brother and keeps asking him for the guitar.

I should tell him where it's hidden.... :mrgreen:

Spin

He was still playing 2 monday night gigs a weeks at the Iridium til he got sick from what I understand.

JoeyMac said:

I heard the news on the ride home from work. .... Pleasants on WUMB telling the news. How fitting it was to hear .... talk endlessly about the master, live and off the cuff. I saw the HBO thing on Les Paul a few years back, impressive. I'm glad that so much of his work was recorded in front of the camera for all to see forever. He will be truly missed as a leader in electric guitar. thanks for the link JoeyMac, I spent an hour going through those videos.

Graylock

EDIT: Thanks Steve, thats Richard only outside of the New England folk music scene.

Well this is unfortunate. Les Paul was really amazing at what he did, for guitar playing and for multi-track recording.

This quote seems kind of fitting now, it's from an old rip of a live "Sunshine State Swing" broadcast from the '40s.

"Take the candle Les, the lamp is lit."

RIP

Latest posts

Back