RIP marvin roy (local pinstriper in nor cal)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the world of pinstriping has lost a local legend marvin roy pasted away due to heart attack. not sure of his exact age i heard he was in his 70's. he was the guy that kept me going when i started pinstriping he saw my early work when i thought it looked like junk and he said "stay with it u got it kid." well i did and i still think i suck when i look at his work on my wall. i have two panels he did one of which i watched him do which was amazing because he was rather shaky handed then would raise his brush stop the shake and pull a line better than anything i have ever done. i know he had pinstriped starting at an early age and was much loved by the local hot rod world here in nor cal. RIP MAROY

(I will post pics of his work in a few days he was a straight line master)

Always tough to see another of these old school guys go, and it seems like we are losing these guys at a faster clip lately. I'll bet there is a bunch of his work still roaming the streets, or on the trunk lid of a dusty 'ol hot rod or custom waiting to be discovered. Looking forward to pics of his work.

REMEMBERING MARVO

I read today in Cruisin’News a disturbing little line
A pin striper Hot Rodder a Good Friend of Mine
Had passed away, a Heart Attack, His Elco left behind,
Gold paint with white scalops one .......’ ’59.
His hands and his brushes had helped me build my truck
We worked and talked for hours knowing…..we all run out of luck
Friends would come to say Good bye – with headers all uncapped
I pulled the bolts to take them off – a promise must be kept
One pass through town to send you off my friend of many years
The bellow of my engine helps the sadness and the tears
So Drive on Marvin, Saint Peter won’t hold the gate
The devil you say, a joke to tell, a prank that cannot wait

Magic Mike Marshall
11-29-10

You are correct, Marvin was an amazing man! What a site to see those fat shaky hands perform and create a masterpiece in just moments. He was my father in law. He passed away 9 days before his 69th birthday. I have shown this blog to his two sons Rick and Dennis and would like to thank you for your wonderful words! We look forward to seeing the pictures.

Kim Roy

Latest posts

Back