Ripped on paint.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, ma's 96 impala ss got sideswiped this jan.

We finally got the dough to get the whole car repainted.. We figured why not, the cars got less than 70k miles.. tons of life left. sooo We take it to the #1 rated shop for state farm, i know the owners brother, hes my shop teacher.

We get the ...... car back what a #$%*ing joke!!!! :x there is sanding marks in the roof, they didnt fix the weather stripping in the pasanger door, theres dirt in the paint, they put a manual mirror on the driver side it had electric, the trim over the rear wheel well is loose, theres runs in the front bumber, theres gouges in the rear, the gaps on the hood dont line up, My moms got a list.

Were taking it back tomorrow, we didnt notice the flaws in there dark shop I AM SO ANGRY. My dads yelling at me and my mom like its our fault..
Pray for them to fix it.. I swear guys, idk ... my dads deal is he needs to cool his jets.

I love him 2 death, hes a jerk!! idk.. AGH I cant sleep over this.. figured id share,

DONT GOTO BANKAS COLLISION ON 7 AND MOUND. DETROIT MICH. :x :x

When ya think about it.. whats ameri.. the WORLD coming too. It seems like everyone does piss poor quality work, nobody takes pride in their trades anymore, it seems they'er there to get their money in the biggest hurry possible and be done with there work.. Idk..

Im just venting guys ugh!

before you blame the shop talk with the insurance company(trust me on this......im a collision repair tech so i know what goes on on both parts)
alot of the them want to go the cheapest route(also depends on what your insurance policy is....i.e. did you get the cheapest one with only junk yard parts or aftermarket) ive seen cars that should have been totaled yet the company wanted to save them(and a buck) where they would try to get out of buying new factory panels that were structural so they new they should be replaced(im not talking about anything even remotely salvageable they were garbage) but yeah that stinks.....just tell the shop youre not happy with the work and also call the insurance company and ask for the estimate on what parts were used/repaired etc. im guessing theyre both to blame...
still stinks when people try to pawn off garbage
wait...i just read the whole post :oops:
deffinately take it back and tell them youre not happy with the work and all the things youve listed need taken care of...sounds like theyre a d.r.p. for state farm so theyll have to stand behind their work.....if they dont then call the insurance adjuster and have them meet you guys at the shop with the car
btw i do take pride in my work

I used to be a body/paint guy years ago, had to get out because of health reasons.

My number one advice for someone getting a car repaired at a body shop... DO NOT accept the car or sign anything unless it is 100% correct... period! If you dont know what to look for, take someone with you that knows what to look for.

I did a consult recently where a car was damaged by a falling tree and had substantial damage, it took THREE tries to finally get the car back to normal, First reject... it had bad sand scratches on two panels, plus the interior was filthy. I told them to NOT buff it out, please send it back thru paint. Second time around... it appeared they tried to buff it out, it looked better but the sand scratches were still there, so this time we spoke with the manager and explained the situation and he assured me it would be repaired correctly, Since they knew they couldnt pass off BS work, they finally sent it back thru paint and made it right. But if I wouldnt have been there, the person would have accepted the car and went on down the road only to notice the defects later.

#2 piece of advice... deal with a shop that has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on workmanship and materials, if the repair has problems down the road... i.e paint defects etc. they will fix them.

Good luck with getting it repaired correctly, hope you didnt sign off on the repairs because some shops will use that to say that you accepted the repair and will not do any rework.

let us know how it turns out.

Well, me n mom took it back today.. We didnt sign nothing, but the owner appoligized over n over about the flaws. He claimed he wasnt there and didnt okay the work.. SO its getting fixed. It seems they forgot to wetsand alot of the work :roll: idk i just hope it all comes back good. A guy looked over the car with us and he marked everything on the car that we werent happy with with a big temp paint marker so.. Yeah idk

And sensor im not saying u didnt.. im just saying.. idk i was venting. sorry. We didnt over look the car there when we picked it up, we just expected it to be good quality work, Lesson learned: Dont trust no one. lol

I mean it should have been, between what my rents dropped on the paint job n the insurance put down for new doors, They made around $6,000 dollars from this job.

We have the best insurance on moms car.. idk details but .. ya.

Ill post pics when we get it back.

this shop cant pass off bs work either, theyve been in buisness since 1947, maybe we just got one piece of badwork? idk.. I hope. Anyways ty for the info guys.

maybe you got the painters helper trying to become a painter :roll:
no offense was taken(i just wanted you to know that some people do care about their work is all :wink: )
hope everything comes back satisfactory this time

haha yeah sensor, im thinking it will.

The shop owner called our house and wouldnt stop apologizing. Hes been out of work, he like pinched his sciatic nerve or somthin. :?:

IDC as long as this car comes back looking good. I love this car! anyways yeah sensor, ik theres ppl that take pride in there work.. alot of bs does get spread out tho.. If your gonna do somthing you should do it right the first time and be proud of what you do. My dads a prime example of that, hes worked at the same factory for 40 years this dec. (go dad!) and hes there number one employee. they ever have a hot job, or somthing important, they take it to him cause they know he will put out top notch work. He runs a cnc fidel (sorry for the spelling on that) but ya..

And whiteshadow, alot of scum is in detroit, There is however alot of good.

Yeah it is somthing. But hes such a ew4utgrhjio !!! i cant work with him on anything.. watch orange county choppers on discovery or tlc whatever the heck it is. thats us. i just came in from out side, he cant do anything without throwing tools and cursing. i wonder if he does that at work :x :roll:

Yeah.. he apologized. he never does that so its cool :)

Latest posts

Back