Road Rash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finished my 1946 CWC Road master.
DSC_0719 (3).JPG
DSC_0730 (1).JPG
DSC_0778.JPG
DSC_0724 (1).JPG
DSC_0757.JPG

This one started life out as a 1946 CWC built Roadmaster. I stripped it down to bare and then found an original color correct tank. I decided then to leave the original color on the fenders. Front forks were swapped with a set of monark springer forks. The fender wasn't notched for the double fork so i had tweek it a little and make it work. The paisley skiptooth didn't work out do to a missing chain. I swapped it for a shelby chain ring i had in my stash. Pedals were a set of Torringtons i had laying around. The Troxell seat came from a swap meet and the pan redid With hammered bronze paint. I started with creme Fat Franks, but switched to some Duro 26x2.125 due to some tire clearance issues. Headlight is a Delta rocket ray I picked up from ebay on the cheap. Its works fine. The bullet grips are a nos set i've had for several years. The chainguard turned into a beast. I glued the copper mesh to the backside of the guard and mounted it up. All was well until i tried mounting the chain. The chain would go over the back edge of the guard. I ended up drilling out the spot welds on the rear bracket and repositioning it lower. Not much room but it clears everything. All nuts and bolts were aged in oxalic acid which gave a excellent patina.

The attention to detail is spot-on perfect. The added flourishes (saddle spring cup, both monark fork arms, pedal spindle nut covers etc) are exactly where they need to be and the original "rat" finishes are still exactly where they need to be. And that copperish inlay behind the chain guard = big high five. Love it.

The attention to detail is spot-on perfect. The added flourishes (saddle spring cup, both monark fork arms, pedal spindle nut covers etc) are exactly where they need to be and the original "rat" finishes are still exactly where they need to be. And that copperish inlay behind the chain guard = big high five. Love it.
Thanks Taylor. At the end of the day I built it to ride.

I really enjoyed watching the killer details you did with this build. Excellent execution for sure.
BRAVO!

I really enjoyed watching the killer details you did with this build. Excellent execution for sure.
BRAVO!
Thanks Kingfish. A few ideas didn't make the cut due to lack of time or knowledge. Now its time to let it roll and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back