Roadmaster/CWC Craft Shop Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
this bike has been sitting outside of a local craft shop and I asked the lady who owns it a few months back if she'd sell it and she said she would for $90.00. So I waited it out and asked again today and offered to give cash and bring here another "display bike" to replace it. we agreed on $60.00 (still a bit much for my taste but I really wanted the frame) and brought it to the shop to do some "quick stripping" to see what was underneath.

It's always hard to find a bike that matches your hat.
Good trade.

I think this bike would be cool if it was a red bike again, except done up the right way instead of the entire bike, parts and all, just painted up haphazardly.

Did you get a matching set of rims or is the back rim the only triple drop on it? Great save...There are plenty of newer cruisers out there not worth a restoration to replace the truly worthwhile vintage bikes..

I really don't get these dipped in paint bikes but I guess it is better than letting them rust outside with all the cutesy flower baskets and stuff they like to put in them. There's a few yard art bikes around town right now, girls bikes and rusty as can be.

Man dude! that's a lot of red!:crazy: I'd hate to see what her house looks like! Probably got cupids in the bathroom!!! poor hubby!!!

Did you get a matching set of rims or is the back rim the only triple drop on it? Great save...There are plenty of newer cruisers out there not worth a restoration to replace the truly worthwhile vintage bikes..

I really don't get these dipped in paint bikes but I guess it is better than letting them rust outside with all the cutesy flower baskets and stuff they like to put in them. There's a few yard art bikes around town right now, girls bikes and rusty as can be.
The back rim doesn't match the front. I wish it did. It's a dropcenter with a new departure hub hub. Rim looks rough under the paint but it's not so rough it can't be saved......and the paint preserved it.

Ya know, Ya need to mount a "Red Rider" BB gun on the bike and roll with it "Red Rider" theme might end up cool,

Your thread title has it nailed pretty much, year is going to be postwar up to very early probably 50's with the lack of skiptooth and still having the chain adjusters.. You'll have to measure the badge spacing and ask the experts to know exactly what.. but that sprocket and the frame construction where the two tubes intersect at the headset say CWC all day long.

Latest posts

Back