Roadmaster luxur-re-pop Liner...Lucky for me!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sure I've seen them a bunch too. But this ones mine so it makes it BETTER! Saw this on CL yesterday for 250. Sent email and resigned myself to always wonder what could have been. 4 Hours later I get the call. Ask him if he would be insulted if I offered 200 (had to try) He bit! He said he never even looked it up online just thought to himself, "Old bike? $200 Bucks." He lived 3 houses down from a funky vintage store. I can't BELIVE he didn't offer to sell it to them!! Woulda been so much less hassle for him over CL posting and calling and planning. Lucky for me! I ended up selling a 78 Suburban for 140 last night and Sold a free Schwinn varsity for 30 the day before. So more or less it was $30 bucks for this one.

Tires are made in Thailand, just like me!

Everything is mint. If it looks scratched, its the photo or dirt. THIS THING IS PERECT! Not a dent or Defect I have seen yet. Even the Paper sticker on the bottom is in good shape. Anyone know how to read that sticker? Figure out what the # might be? I think I read where there are 1-3000 and then maybe 1500 more Any info on where this one may fall in those numbers?

It might be a repro but jeez it's got style! I'd give my left one for one of them! :mrgreen:

Anytime you can rid yourself of TWO diamond frame Schwinns :shock: and score a beauty,albeit re-pop,like that...why I believe in hockey that's called a "HAT TRICK",Ain't it? Nice move...GREAT SCORE...Well played,sir...P 8)

You'd be welcome to it, it still seems like a good swap... I think I'll stop now!!! :shock:

What is the electrical wire for in the back of the chainguard? Is it a contact for a stop light or something?

I think that it is. I need to swap out the batteries on the lights, front and back. Horn works like a champ. I did find one scratch on it. On the chain guard there is one half inch paint gouge. I still can't believe how nice it is. I used to kinda trash talk repro stuff. This taught me to wait till I actually see it to call it.

Does it not ride smooth? Mine is as smooth as silk. You are floating down the road. Thats a nice bike, and That price was a steal. mid 400.00s on ebay all the time. did i mention how smooth it rides?

No - It. Rides. Like. A. Champion! - seriously it borders on the absurd. I weigh in at twice what the next guy probably weighs and there is zero bottoming out! Just gentle rocking of my butt back and forth between the seat and springers!! Do you know what # yours was? Is there a regeristry online?

Latest posts

Back