Rocky

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As my first official bike submission, I have to laugh...it has been quite the "ride". I spent all day navigating the entire city, taking pictures at historical landmarks, farms, churches, fields, bridges....but at the end of the day, I ended up at my old high school- literally two blocks from my house.
I remembered the last time I was there, with my '72 Olds Cutlass, taking pictures, and decided it was fitting, with the sun catching every piece of work I have put into this bike, Rocky, perfectly. I couldn't be more proud of the way Rocky turned out, and after a great workout, lol, took the best pictures of the day.
This truly was a family effort. My dad donating the perfectly pickled frame, my mom letting me steal my dad's clay tires, and my wife allowing me to spend every free moment working on my bike or adding to my journal (let me tell you, the "hunny do list" is stacked up). Maybe RRB needs to start another build ASAP. ;) . More than anything, my daughter, for coming up with the perfect name and theme for my build. My main picture was fittingly chosen by my 3 year old daughter, Bailey, when she told me it was "the coolest bike she had ever seen".
Rocky-Baileys Pic Final Submission.jpeg
ROB1.JPG
RRB3.jpeg
RRB4.jpeg
RRB5.jpeg
RRB6.jpeg
RRB7.jpeg
START.jpeg

CJ you did what is often very difficult to do, you combined 3 styles of build into one; rat rod, steampunk, and what I call 'vintage clean'.

Your combination of bike and non bicycle parts, assembling them into a cool steampunk vibe, and then putting on a clean but aged finish over the whole build garnered yourself a truly fine build.

Well done! :113:

CJ you did what is often very difficult to do, you combined 3 styles of build into one; rat rod, steampunk, and what I call 'vintage clean'.

Your combination of bike and non bicycle parts, assembling them into a cool steampunk vibe, and then putting on a clean but aged finish over the whole build garnered yourself a truly fine build.

Well done! :113:
Thanks OddJob, you have been following since the start of my build and I truly appreciated all of your positive and helpful comments! I also really enjoyed your build it turned out great..!

Love how the engine and perfect amount of doodadery on this build. The color scheme looks beautiful too. Top notch build man!!!
CONGRATS!

Love how the engine and perfect amount of doodadery on this build. The color scheme looks beautiful too. Top notch build man!!!
CONGRATS!
Thanks KF, remember the reason why I joined was because I saw your countdown to BO16 posts and the pics of your past builds. So thanks for the inspiration and setting the bar high with your build.!

Thanks KF, remember the reason why I joined was because I saw your countdown to BO16 posts and the pics of your past builds. So thanks for the inspiration and setting the bar high with your build.!

Yeah, I still think that is cool. Very glad I provided that little nudge that you needed. There's nothing like the RRB Build Off to push you to do your best!

So good. Looks like a fast bike standing still. You gotta build the helmet to go with it, even if it's just for show. That would look cool just hanging from the bars
WOW..! That’s a great idea ! Thanks for looking and the compliments.
That is an awesome idea. Love to see that come to fruition

Latest posts

Back