Rollfast BB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help on my Rollfast bottom bracket because it is different compared to other ones are, the cones are attached to cups and I don't see how I can get the drive side cone off to get the sprocket off as well?

Also is there a reason they were done this way, it's kind of cool although it's a bit strange to get off.

They are not the best pics but it's late night.

PICT0771.jpg

PICT0773.jpg

Had a Rollfast BB like that, clamped the crank arm in a vise and used either a hefty screwdriver or drift punch in the notch on the cone below to get it off (pretty rough shape, lol) couple of whacks got the ball rolling. Looks like there's a similar notch in your second photo. Long set of pliers/vise-grips might work also.

IMG_0633.jpg

That's one of the things I was afraid of, about every time when I do stuff like that the whole thing gets scratched/dented bad on the areas needed to where I can't use it because there isn't anything wrong with it other than not being able to get it off.

Also does anyone know what A S 2 67 on the crank is, I'm guessing 67 is the year of it?

Yeah, luckily as you can see from the former race, the bearings were no better than semi-smooth pebbles cone already completely ruined the whole BB was jacked-up. Don't think in all the vintage bikes I've pulled apart I've ever seen anything that could be considered maintenance in the bearings anywhere.

Latest posts

Back