Rollfast Space Racer..NICE..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this locally on Offerup minutes after it was listed. She wanted 50.00 and I got for 35. Lady said she bought it at a yard sale. This bike is beautiful, near mint. Has BRAND NEW tires. I thought I got an awesome deal. What operates the headlight, batteries? Gonna give the chrome a good polish and thats it.Wife said its hers and staying in the house.
571b66246bd8096df9ad338c559096b5.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Nice! It's all there. It's a Rollfast from the early/mid 60's. Made in the US by Snyder. Those are probably the original tires. It must of have been kept indoors. The headlights (and horn?) work off D cell batteries in the tank. Take your time removing the lens portion, the plastic is fragile. Then you'll find batteries in the tank, unless they took them out, which would be good, no corrosion. The blue paint will shine up nice with paste wax, be careful on the graphics.

Not sre about a horn. Theres a flip switch under the tank. I am not gonna disturb the batteries. Dont want to break anything. The tires still have the ribbons in the middle. Absolutely brand new. Yes someone really preserved it.

The switch if the only one, is for the headlight. I would gently remove the screws and remove old batteries if they are in there, before they corrode. Those old ones may have the date on them.

But the tires may be hard from age, if it's going to be ridden regularly. Good 26 x 1.75 tires may make for a better and faster ride, and then keep the originals for posterity.

Those tires aren't old. They are brand new Kendas . Looks like someone replaced them with intentions of riding and never did. I know its been stored indoors dry because there is no rust anywhere. The chrome plastic headlight has some yellowing that wont come off. Not sure how to clean it. The chrome polished up fairly nice.I did add some nice amber spoke reflectors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back