ROSEMASTER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got these 2 junk Roadmasters off the street yesterday. Dumped, striped of some parts.

August 2020 mfd.

Much older with a thumb shifters and a rigid fork. I was thinking its made in the USA but it has "made in China" on the fork steerer.

I was going to dismantle them for scrap but I decided to rebuild the older bike. No shock fork means its going to be lighter weight.

I got the angle grinders out for removing the cable stops. I now have 2. One for a grinder disc and 1 for a lap disc so I don't have to keep changing discs. These vintage orange Chicago Electric angle grinders are pretty durable and you can replace the brushes. HF sold them with 3 different part numbers.

The 3 sprockets. smallest on was "loose". The middle and large were joined with some super cheap method. Rivets I think, mashed over to look like bolt heads. Super cheap steel rings were no problem for the angle grinder. I went with the middle 38t ring and a 18t on the hub.

Rebuilt the rear wheel with a coaster brake hub. I just got some more hubs with long axles so I added a couple of nuts to make it fit the 3x6 frame set up.

Start to finish, 11 am to about 5 pm. Including a lunch break & a test ride around the neighborhood. Another 1 day project.

I may put on a better looking seat. I removed the remains of the seat cover and foam and the staples and went with the plastic base only. It's not as uncomfortable as it looks. It is a very light seat.

First stop was a rose bush where I got the name idea. Roadmaster, RoseMaster.

More roses.

The Caddy looks far larger in person than in the photo.

Last edited:
Free is right priced. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sweet caddy. One of the guys near here has a bigh white convertible that year. Thats the kinda ride for parades :)

Quickie

Latest posts

Back