*rotten apple*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm still totally new guy but I have given the bike a name

I am completely new to this forum and this challenge. thanks for having me and putting on this event.
I have had a build in mind for about a decade and I think I am gonna throw my hat in the ring on this challenge.
I have a few schwinns and such and im pretty good with paint.
as long as its not to late ill get to wrenching asap !

Re: totally new guy

Provided your build meets the rules, WELCOME ABOARD! :D

At least 2 of the three required:
1: Banana seat.
2: Bigger tire on the back than the front.
3: Ape hangers.

Build must happen between October 1st and December 1st and be documented in a build thread.

You are going to have to do a quick build!

You may want to post an Intro in the Intro's thread, just so everyone knows who you are too: viewforum.php?f=9

Once again, welcome, look forward to seeing what you get happening!

Luke.

I got all that covered brother !!!

here is a restoration I did earlier this year all paint and everything done by me im very proud of how it came out and I never liked purple till this bike hahah

67 3 speed

pur.png

well I love riding wheelies ..... krates cost too darn much and I would hate to cut one up like the purple bike it was so pretty I just redid as best I could

but I have a 1998 repop apple krate and I am wanting to add a MTB rear hub for modern rear disk and 9 speed rear with high end components so it shifts and stops like no vintage bike ever could. then I can wheelie through the gears till my heart is content

the bike is clean so I will focus on greatly improving its rideability and its style

here she is just got it tonight ran down in my undies to snap a pic ! haha

krate.jpg

sorry about the naked mermaid .....

9 speed cog on a 20 inch wheel? Wow! :shock:

I don't know if you've thought about the dish that will require in your lacing. But you'll have to widen that rear end a lot to get enough space.

Good luck! I look forward to watching this come together! Don't forget a wheelie bar! :D

ok this is a mock up wheel I have not completed but here is the frame spread and the fitment so far

A8C07CBF-0581-40E3-9A6E-5D9CA5640ACB-5717-000006207FF6E354_zps351c71f5.jpg

you can totally see the dish in this wheel that's an 8 speed cog not 9 but I have the final stuff the big trick is going to be getting the disk mount situated

d75aee6c-6549-47f4-bac1-2464cb92b89a.jpg

Looking good. Watch the chain line, and you'll have to use a thin chain, so make sure the front fits the chain. I'm dealing with that issue with my Renegade, so that's why I'm mentioning it.

CRASH said:
Looking good. Watch the chain line, and you'll have to use a thin chain, so make sure the front fits the chain. I'm dealing with that issue with my Renegade, so that's why I'm mentioning it.

I plan to use all the related MTB componenets so I think it should work as well as it did on a mtb but thanks I forgot about the narrow chains not meshing with a single speed sprocket

ok I have made some excellent progress with my bike I was waiting for parts to come and that has happened.
I was able to make a disk brake mount and mount the disk aswell as get my derailer situated and I have secured my Crankset.
I have named this bike rotten apple in honor of the fact its of course a apple krate. now that the build has progressed a little I guess my goal here was to make what car guys call a resto mod. as in its true to its original form but its hot rodded to improve its looks and performance

that rim isn't staying and I have taken apart the rear wheel to finalize colors and spokes and such so hopefully early next week I will have receieved more bike parts !

2bd89827-5d0f-4efc-865a-5fbb6e124c43.jpg

380DF1AF-2589-4127-A801-9FC80220316F-1624-0000019A6F7F97CB_zps025ab927.jpg

E2666320-F486-4BE0-910C-2078CD1CCD89-1624-0000019A49044EB2_zpsb3cc3537.jpg

Neat-O! Custom stick shifter in the works?

I like the slick modern upgrades that are going into this build!

thanks kingfish style is awesome don't get me wrong.
but I want the most agile user friendly muscle bike ever
there are many schools of thought but I often find that to enjoy something it must do more than look awesome ..

sic944t said:
well I love riding wheelies ..... krates cost too darn much and I would hate to cut one up like the purple bike it was so pretty I just redid as best I could

but I have a 1998 repop apple krate and I am wanting to add a MTB rear hub for modern rear disk and 9 speed rear with high end components so it shifts and stops like no vintage bike ever could. then I can wheelie through the gears till my heart is content

the bike is clean so I will focus on greatly improving its rideability and its style

here she is just got it tonight ran down in my undies to snap a pic ! haha

krate.jpg

sorry about the naked mermaid .....

know how you feel i love mine to :wink:

Latest posts

Back