Royal Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put this one together in 3 days more like a rebuild but changed out seat post seat stem handlebars front fork tires and paint .
Friend built the wheels for me years ago it has a 2 speed Sachs torpedo kickback hub 700x50 tires .
Guess I could have built it off-road with some knobby tires some Surly bars bmx stem and a Brooks all weather seat and put it in the build off
but decided to pass just wanted to get it finished and ride it .

IMG_2581.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2593.jpeg

IMG_2594.jpeg
IMG_2595.jpeg

The frame is a Royal Flyer There are 2 kinds American and then I think British made for the American market .
I've had 2 of the British ones both with British bottom brackets .
The fork was nos and is way older than the frame I'm pretty sure it is a Massey fork and may have been for a girls bike .
I had to have threads added and had to cut it down to fit.
The head tube bearings are loose bearings that sit in trays then sit in the bearing cups that I think are part of the frame .
Lots of room for a fat 28 inch tire .
Truss rods are unknown but are super long must have been on a really big bike had to bend them to make them fit.
The flanges I polished out with a Dremel after I painted it looks good with the truss rods
It looked too plain with just paint almost painted it black polishing was easier and quicker .
It almost looks like a 26 inch wheel bike in the pictures with those kind of oversize moustache bars and the long wheelbase .
I have changed out the pedals for some SR's to match the crank .

Latest posts

Back