Royce Union?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey! The fine folks over at the CABE won't answer...Does anyone know anything about a Royce Union...? I'm shopping for a lady at work and I found one on Craigslist...I've never heard of 'em...I can buy it right and flip it to her...But I gotta drive 200 miles round trip!!!! :( :?:

Royce Union was good when it was Dutch made. Raleigh had bought the company way back in the '60's or more and then was made in Taiwan or somewhere like that. Ended up department store type bike in the end. I cut up a Royce Union MTB to make a Hammer Head trike.
PugHammer9aa.jpg

GL

Hahahahaha! :lol: What a cute dog!! I've always wanted a pug! :mrgreen:

Royce Unions are cool, the ones made in Holland. I bought a 1962 Royce Union pilot at a flea market. Mine has a Sturmey Archer 3-speed.

fleamarketfind21.jpg

That is cool! :mrgreen: But this one looked all curvey...prolly after production was moved to Asia... :(

schwinnmesa said:
Royce Unions are cool, the ones made in Holland. I bought a 1962 Royce Union pilot at a flea market. Mine has a Sturmey Archer 3-speed.

I also have a '59 Royce Union that looks very much like yours. They are pretty cool but mine needs to be worked on to ride, someday!

GL

Graylock said:
schwinnmesa said:

I also have a '59 Royce Union that looks very much like yours. They are pretty cool but mine needs to be worked on to ride, someday!

GL

Cool! I am missing a chain guard on mine. But I do recall seeing one like it. Is the model name, "Pilot"? By the way, cute dog. :mrgreen:

schwinnmesa said:
Cool! I am missing a chain guard on mine. But I do recall seeing one like it. Is the model name, "Pilot"? By the way, cute dog. :mrgreen:

Mine is a Pilot. If your looking for a chain guard and don't care what it says you can find them on any Raleigh type english bike. The mounts are sometimes different as is some of there lengths. I was working on the Grunge Rudge last night preparing the chain guard and noticed I had a Philips in my hand, same as the Rudge but a half inch shorter. Whatever, any guard till you find the right one.

Dog says woof.

GL

Latest posts

Back