Ruff Cycles Gmbh to Cease Custom Work

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gang, I just got a message minutes ago that Ruff Cycles will be suspending their custom frame/parts operation in order to focus on eBikes.

Image 1.png

Hard for me to see what all the fuss is about. Everyone is being told that we gotta have electric vehicles. Well, they better come up with a better idea. There is less lithium than petroleum. The Amacoma desert salt pan in Peru will be shortly removed for the lithium. I wonder if Bonniville is next? Finite resources. I’m going to buy an electric truck, put a big polluting Diesel generator in the bed to keep the batteries charged. I’ll show them.

"the more a company does the things it shouldn't, the less it does what it should"
Somary's Law (paraphrased)
This is the problem with e bikes. It's not one less car, it's one less bicycle. We need petroleum vehicle manufacturers to switch over to electric. The stupid points about getting more people out and biking is heap of balogna. If they were selling them as mobility devices, they wouldn't be doing hardcore trail bikes and custom cruisers, it would be practical commuters and comfort bikes.

Before the vehicle manufactures switch over to all electric vehicles, this country needs to come up with a more sustainable energy source. I’m not talking wind and solar or coal, but more nuclear power and hydrogen fuel cells. Plus we will need to upgrade the whole transmission grid system to supply the needed power. This is going to be an expensive upgrade which will be passed along to the consumers in higher utility rates, but it is a fact of life we will have to face sooner or later.

From I have read I'm actually doing the earth a service by driving my petroleum powered vehicle. Articles I've read said electric cars take more carbon emissions to build, operate and dispose of than traditional fueled cars. Most get their charge from coal or natural gas power plants. Not to mention the child labor doing the dangerous mining of cobalt. Look up, "The Dirty Little Secrets of Clean Electric Cars." We are being scammed.

Before the vehicle manufactures switch over to all electric vehicles, this country needs to come up with a more sustainable energy source. I’m not talking wind and solar or coal, but more nuclear power and hydrogen fuel cells. Plus we will need to upgrade the whole transmission grid system to supply the needed power. This is going to be an expensive upgrade which will be passed along to the consumers in higher utility rates, but it is a fact of life we will have to face sooner or later.
its really sad but not a lot of peeps cant see the big picture unfolding!, everything you mentioned is bang on the money!
The big problem here is electricity supply, At the moment EV's are only available to the wealthy and well off people, they arn't mainstream yet, here in aus the home power supply isnt enough to fully charge you car, theres already tons of pressure on electrical grids during heatwaves etc, electricity is spiraling upwards in cost to the consumer and no body has said what the plan is when EVERYONE has an electric car, bike, motorcycle,plane , trains and the list gos on!
We are in no means ready for the big electrical switch, there is hope with the fusion reactors about to pop up but guess what...they come at an extremely high cost to produce and nobody's got one that actually works, so if and when they do get the fusion reactors up and running electricity will be so high in cost we will all be rubbing sticks together to make fire!.... well sort of!

From I have read I'm actually doing the earth a service by driving my petroleum powered vehicle. Articles I've read said electric cars take more carbon emissions to build, operate and dispose of than traditional fueled cars. Most get their charge from coal or natural gas power plants. Not to mention the child labor doing the dangerous mining of cobalt. Look up, "The Dirty Little Secrets of Clean Electric Cars." We are being scammed.
No product will save us from the problems of consumerism

The root of the need for regular travel being based more in traditional work and shopping than leisure I would suggest that the conversation is moot. To change these needs requires more a restructuring of labor practices such as the way some european countries make employers pay workers who travel more than 40 minutes for their time in transit making it more profitable to hire locals. breaking up conglomerates that limit the ability for you to buy locally made goods. Putting real money into infrastructure rather than kicking the can across both parties for decades. But from the top of the list vehicle emissions fall behind the purposefully un-tallied bomb emissions and thoroughly destroying the ocean, (which will likely suffocate us before man made emission do). We could more easily address the Amazon's currently producing more CO2 than it absorbs before we could solve cars. As with many things "Seen on TV" our thoughts are directed away from anything that might disrupt the corporate slaughter of our planet. Since everyone loves, often needs and will never give up their cars it's the perfect topic to keep us spinning our wheels while we OVERfund the Pentagon.. which has never passed an audit in the history of it's existence. The useless infighting that sprouts amongst us is as intended.

Last edited:
It’s not just the spending on the military, which I agree with you is unaudited and unaccountable, but look at ALL the pork spending that gets put into the federal, state and local budgets every year. We have a huge spending problem in this country and politicians who listen to every group who puts money in their pockets ! Unfortunately things are going to get worse and may never get better ! We can send billions in aid to Ukraine and third world countries all over the world and at the same time borrow more money from China. Here at home we have a homeless crises, drug problems, seniors on fixed incomes who are facing rising inflation while seeing their retirement accounts going belly up. Word is Social Security is drying up and our own government can’t support it ! I got to get off my soap box and have a beer before I pop a vein !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back