RUFF CYCLES RUFFIAN E-BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Click to read new article...

ruffian001.jpg

Looks like the guys over at ruff took a whole lot of inspiration from Voltage Cycles.

I asked Pero about that. He said that since Ruff Cycles owns the Project 346 brand now and the Basman frame design, they decided to use it for the bike because it's one of the best selling custom frames of all time. Obviously the use of the tank for the battery box was insipred by Voltage. Ruff Cycles definitely perfected the set up though and I'm pretty sure they are running an aluminum tank. He also said that building a Basman frame from 7005 aluminum was a bit tricky and required a lot of work to perfect.

Voltage Cycle has always confused me a little. I can never tell if they are building and selling bikes or not. I know they took a break when Marty went to work for Currie, but it looks like he's not there anymore. Still don't see any info about pricing or how you can buy one.

This is one of those things that kills my brain.
I'm saving for a motorcycle, just a little cafe to run around town. But dangit this looks nice.

Decisions Decisions :39:

I asked Pero about that. He said that since Ruff Cycles owns the Project 346 brand now and the Basman frame design, they decided to use it for the bike because it's one of the best selling custom frames of all time. Obviously the use of the tank for the battery box was insipred by Voltage. Ruff Cycles definitely perfected the set up though and I'm pretty sure they are running an aluminum tank. He also said that building a Basman frame from 7005 aluminum was a bit tricky and required a lot of work to perfect.

Voltage Cycle has always confused me a little. I can never tell if they are building and selling bikes or not. I know they took a break when Marty went to work for Currie, but it looks like he's not there anymore. Still don't see any info about pricing or how you can buy one.

Marty did take a break but has always built customs to order. The biggest challenge with the e-bike is the price point when compared to a gas powered bikes. For me its been hard to spend several thousand on ebike when I can get a gas powered toy for similar or less money.

That was why I got the taco.
By the way Marty has a new frame in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/HopMod/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I did ask Pero about price point and he said that many of their customers don't even flinch at the price because they are in parts of the world where owning a good E-bike is solves their transportation problem. Several folks from Japan have pre-ordered. If it's super expensive to own, pay for gas and maintain a car, a nice e-bike can be a winning solution.

Now for us here in Texas...definitely a luxury item to have fun on.

Vintage Electric is at a similar price point and they seem to be selling a bunch of those.

One other thing...they refused to use a Chinese motor on these so that makes them a bit more expensive. They wanted to make sure that the drivetrain could be repaired and serviced without any question of replacement parts.

Latest posts

Back