Rule Breaker UPDATE more pics: 10:30pm 8/31

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
S5000504.jpg

S5000505.jpg

S5000506.jpg

S5000507.jpg

S5000509.jpg

S5000510.jpg

S5000511.jpg

Re: Rule Breaker

nice job :mrgreen: where gonna have similar headlights too. so is that a schwinn badged higgins frame ?

I thought of the scallops awhile back and when i saw yours, it brought back memories of the truck I drove in High school....primer grey and black scallops. Plus I wanted that era paint job of brushed on paint, souped-up with extra gears and alittle hot rod flavor of scallops!
Actually this a schwinn fram hacked up to look like a Higgins.....oops that's why it's the "Rule Breaker"

Does this one really break the rules? Cuz the top bar is still intact which means the geometry isn't changed... Either way I really like the way this build turned out. Gives me ideas for other builds. :D

hard to believe it is house paint. I love the color. Some of those house paints have crazy names. Do you remember what that one was. I'm gonna guess "Kermit Blood"

This paint is called Split Pea from WalMart. I got when a neighbor down the road decided not to paint her bathroom this color 2 years ago. I knew the color was too cool to toss so i threw it in the shop.
Just to show how the color is ingrained in the Rat Rod BBO History. Follow the link below:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1242

This bike is actually the CLOSEST to what people did 50 or so years ago!...BEAUTIFUL

Thanks guys! I have a 2 weeks to fine tune and to even out some design. I felt it need more! It's is now 99% complete (a few more touchups but who cares!). I added scallops to the rack cause the ones on the light seemed out of place, now it has that souped up hot rod appeal that I was getting at. Also made a tank and splashed some advertisement on there so when I am cruising, I might get someone's attention and score some more vintage bicycles! Also covered the seatpan in a chocolate brown suede leather. It was a recycled girls skirt and the seam is a perfect touch for this rat!

S5000513.jpg

S5000514.jpg

S5000515.jpg

S5000516.jpg

To make this period correct, I added a "I Like Ike" political button to the back fender that I scored from a flea market yesterday!

S5000519.jpg

Latest posts

Back