Rust NEVER Sleeps

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20220228_180939.jpg

as found.jpg

It's a fairly rare bike and boy was it rusty when I got it. SWING BIKES were built from '76 thru '78 maybe '79 so pretty cool to have one fall into my hands. It's not a restoration, it's a RAT for sure and yet a Muscle Bike too! I had some problems early on she was rusted tight. Check the build thread > HERE I also made a few mods, note the 24"x20" stagger rather than the standard 20"x16" I laced a 3 speed Sturmey Archer coaster hub into an old 24" rim and stuck a Schwinn Stingray tire on to keep the stance right with a 20-1.75 on the front. Chrome repo springer, Wald ramhorn bars wrapped in vintage Benotto tape and a Schwinn Mag sprocket with red and silver chain rounds out the visuals.

Guitarl.

Last edited:
So very cool. Love the tire upgrade, and the classy bar tape is just icing on the cake. Definitely a favorite, up there with AlienFire.

So very cool. Love the tire upgrade, and the classy bar tape is just icing on the cake. Definitely a favorite, up there with AlienFire.
Thanks. It's a placeholder pic. Hoping to get some good shots of it ASAP.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back