Rusted rust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neighbor dropped this thing off at my house the other day. Said it had been sitting in his barn for years. I thought it looked cool as is, so I'm just going with it! Made a few changes today, and got it riding. I'm digging it!

How it first looked:
20160229_171822.jpg

And after a little work today:
received_1289257224421626.jpeg
received_1289257301088285.jpeg

Actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I my opinion it just looked too goofy with a raised seat. I was willing to sacrifice, but it's really not terrible! I may eventually get a banana seat and sissy bar to move the seating position back a little though. It's not uncomfortable, I just don't have a whole lot of power behind my pedal strokes in that position.

The seat on those things is surprisingly comfortable, and the forks work great for an off road build.

Can you raise just the back of the seat while keeping the nose tight to the top tube? That 'may' give you a little more leg room. Another alternative may be a laid back seatpost that would position the seat more on top of the fender....just brainstorming.....overall I like the 'ratty old chopper' vibe this bike is giving off.

I'd give it a boiled linseed oil rub down to preserve the patina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you raise just the back of the seat while keeping the nose tight to the top tube? That 'may' give you a little more leg room. Another alternative may be a laid back seatpost that would position the seat more on top of the fender....just brainstorming.....overall I like the 'ratty old chopper' vibe this bike is giving off.

I'd give it a boiled linseed oil rub down to preserve the patina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might be remembering wrong, but I think the seat post is welded to a plate. A lay back post could be welded in place if the original. That might be cool.

Latest posts

Back