SA 3-speed Dynohub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't know a lot about these. Just curious what I should value it at to sell. 40-hole . All gears work. It is stamped 55 and was on a Rudge. It powered all of the lights fine. I tried to get a reading on the power by putting my tester on the leads and spinning it by hand. It shows voltage, but I can't get it spinning fast enough by hand to get consistent or high readings. Thanks in advance
IMG_0097_zps765740cb.jpg

IMG_0098_zps8a99b5fc.jpg

IMG_0099_zps605823f9.jpg

IMG_0100_zps67c004d2.jpg

IMG_0101_zps88bddcd0.jpg

I have no clue what it's worth, but I wants it.... so, shoot me a pm when you figure out what you need to get for it. :rockout::crazy::113: I just got me another rudge frame, and I'm kind of stoked to run multiple generators on it.

A friend of mine was by the house the other day and we were discussing running dynos front and back. I really have no clue how to find out the value. I see the front ones all the time , but never the rear ones.

I'm thinking of running this with a modern front generator hub, and running a tough LED and an LED tail-light off the front, PLUS a goonie little light, like the B&M Avy, off of the rear hub. That way, I can have one light positioned to maximize visibility for other road-users to see ME, and the other light positioned to best illuminate the road so I can see stuff before I decide to run it over or avoid it....:crazy:

A friend of mine was by the house the other day and we were discussing running dynos front and back. I really have no clue how to find out the value. I see the front ones all the time , but never the rear ones.
I have a rear 3 speed back wheel with dyno hub, Sturmey-Archer, don't remember the year, 50's anyway.
And a '59 Columbia 3 speed bike with a front dyno hub.
I can part out the back wheel (hub) if somebody is interested.

Latest posts

Back