Salt Shaker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this has been my first ratrod bike build off and its been fun! as i mentioned in the build off page that i build this bike to take along with me to bonnevlle utah for speed week.

build link http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28296&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Bike:western flyer 26" female bike
Tires: Davis Delux's
Seat: late 40's schwinn seat
Seat cover : made by me and pinstripe stitch
Paint: pumpkin patch orange and ivory krylon spray paint
Pinstripe/Lettering : by me 1 shot lettering enamel
Axle Caps & Hand Grips caps : salt shaker tops jb welded and epoxyied
Wheel Disc Covers : aluminum by me
this is what it started out as
622777893_29tYd-M.jpg

and Finshed :)
954762492_wAKuj-L.jpg

954762568_ttq4b-L.jpg

954762778_LFFDw-L.jpg

954767147_onjh5-L.jpg

954767420_Lj3W2-M.jpg

954767760_JNvWd-L.jpg

954767810_EvzWb-L.jpg

954774074_z4Xr8-L.jpg

954774384_T65GT-L.jpg

954774529_r9Lye-M.jpg

954762441_H7F6X-L.jpg

951009645_b3SPA-M.jpg

these are the shots of the pinstriping and detailing before it went together
932831886_vL9vR-S.jpg

932831370_SXWvt-M.jpg

932831268_bP6yL-M.jpg

932831314_i8neL-M.jpg

happy me and my salt shaker . rode it around all friday and saturday and i cant wait to ride it in bonneville and shake up the salt out there :)
954774730_g9fms-L.jpg

now thats a transformation! :mrgreen: that ought to look right at home at bonneville.bars give it a nice streamlined look,and the paint and details are off the hook! 8) congratulations!

awesome bike! great build showing off true skills! :wink: anyone that can pinstripe like that in envy! :shock:

Looks SCARY fast!

I gotta see this in person, to bad ima pooh butt and couldn't ride with you guys in Harrisburg. I don't know how the winners gunna be picked but ima declare this the winner.

YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE WINNER!!!haha

Nice bike (and rider, if I may say so), but that highboy in back is smokin'!

Mike H.
Irving, Texas

Trick ride jen, turned out wicked coo!

I especially like the salt shaker grip caps. (not to mention that killa car in the back ground) :lol:
Your pinstriping blows me away (as usual) and the wheel disk's are the icing on the cake.

i'd wish ya luck, but it already looks like your a winner.

Very Kool HotRodJen. It just looks fast. Artwork exellante and wheel covers are supurb. Enjoy riding your nice new speed cruiser.

some more photos ... i forgot to mention before the tank would hang down kinda floating between the 2 down tubes and make tones of noise and drive me crazy i bent the little tab thats welded onto the headtub down a tad bit and squeezed the snot out of the top and bottom of the tank to make it fit about the tab so there was no movement ... now it lays right under the top down tube and there is no noise !
956165070_g49Qz-L.jpg

956165117_ZjqxQ-L.jpg

you can see the impressions on the discs when i made the circles with a scotch brite pad

956155537_satvW-L.jpg

rode it all night friday in nj :) and this shot was taken in harrisburg pa on saturday

I accidently crossed over the wrong bridge into Harrisburg at night once, on my way to visit a friend in what's-it-called, the hospital town between Bloomburg and the river. Hills up there, at least the ones with paved streets, don't seem quite as steep as around here, but man, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. :lol:

deorman said:
I accidently crossed over the wrong bridge into Harrisburg at night once, on my way to visit a friend in what's-it-called, the hospital town between Bloomburg and the river. Hills up there, at least the ones with paved streets, don't seem quite as steep as around here, but man, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. :lol:
i know theres a hospital in hershey ... i rode there a few weeks ago and the hills were killer .. not to steep but long. harrisburg is pretty flat around the river area

Latest posts

Back