Salutations y’all!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must admit that my love of cycling has been exponentially increased by some of the talented customers, fabricators, restorers, ratters and other “kustomizerz”that are on this site (also I love the lack of snobbery, yet I also love the frank advice that some of the subscribers have bequeathed to those seeking insight) I have been a long time observer and I too have a love for vintage bicycles that started with the acquisition of a circa 1960’s Murray/Sears Spaceliner (saw the frame and had to have it, also got a 70’s Nishiki Competition as well). I’ve got too many bicycles to list at the moment and I also like to a bit of modding/restoring and or remixing. Anyhoo, I feel that I’ve been a bit too loquacious. So with that, I’d like to say thanks for welcoming me onboard and greetings to all of you

I jokingly call Birmingham that (due to Atlanta occasionally using the Magic City nickname) I also refer to it as Bombingham. I always liked the sound of it as it differentiates it from the numerous other Birmingham’s throughout the world. Also it’s a reminder of how far we’ve come , yet there’s room for improvement. To be absolutely precise not B’ham proper but a suburb once known as the “Pittsburgh of the South” Fairfield (not to be confused with the numerous other ones as well)

Funny thing is I’ve got 2 projects in my den right now. Working on pics after a bit of spanning is done. I’ll keep you posted.

I jokingly call Birmingham that (due to Atlanta occasionally using the Magic City nickname) I also refer to it as Bombingham. I always liked the sound of it as it differentiates it from the numerous other Birmingham’s throughout the world. Also it’s a reminder of how far we’ve come , yet there’s room for improvement. To be absolutely precise not B’ham proper but a suburb once known as the “Pittsburgh of the South” Fairfield (not to be confused with the numerous other ones as well)
Ah, the Magic City. I should've caught that. I'm just up the road in Gadrock!

Ahhh yes Gadsden. I’ve had some really great times there.🙂

By the way I must get this off of my chest. And this is by no means any form of sycophancy but true admiration Mr. TRM’s (If I’m not mistaken The Renaissance Man’s) flips of those vintage step through frames is (a) something I’ve tried not to drool over, and (b) makes me regretful that I’ve cannibalized so many of those in the past….😄 oh well cest la vie!

Welcome to the fun of RRB from Savannah.
Glad to see proper punctuation and grammar with y'all.
I am glad you didn't improperly use the "all y'all" that many Yankees think is the plural of y'all. I don't know of anyone that says "all y'all" except for tourists. Y'all is already plural as in You All.

I try to use correct grammar and punctuation when the times allotted. It’s just something I personally feel obligated to do given the background and all (one of these days I’ll elaborate on that and that may shed some clarity)

Hilton Head

all-y-alls-bar-and-grill.jpg

:grin:

Latest posts

Back