San antonio TEjas ! First Friday! Oct. 6 7PM. meet and greet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: San antonio TEjas, First Friday Sept 4th, meet at 8pm@ Sam'!

Anybody go?
The rain or possibility of rain kept us home.
Got the bicicleta hauler home from the body shop.
Perhaps next week then.

We had about 20 riders last night. We got wet but not too bad. I left early. Funny how it only rains two times in the past couple months all summer and both times were during one of our night rides.

i had fun last nite. i hope everyone got home safe. to bad this old man couldnt hang with you youngsters. next time ill hike up my depends and try to stay the whole nite.when i got home i drank my ensure and slept like a baby. thanks for the fun. the old man

Ok folks here is the flyer for Saturday's picnic..
FLYERC.jpg
self expanitory for the dates and times, I'll be there pretty early to set up and what-not. Maybe abour one or two in the afternoon.

Ok so first things first we need to take a little collection for food, plates, drinks etc. Five dollars seems resonable.
So I can collect thursday night or saturday. Or before then if need be. I will know by thursday is Blue Star can purchase us a keg o beer.

Second What does everybody want to eat? Last I heard brisket and sausage was good with everybody.
I will need somebody to make to or buy some side dishes Beans and Potato salad sound good?
Also need Tortillas, chips,paper plates, forks, foil. sodas. We can do it one of two ways, after the collection I can go shopping and buy everything or everybody can handle one thing and thrown in pot-luck style, either way works for me.

Blue star says they have tables but just in case does anybody have two spare tables?

OK Last but not least, lets get everybody out there and have a good turnout, I'll give everyone a call this week to see if you can make it and how many bikes you can bring. If anybody has any ideas or just wants to help out let me know...thanks

I can make a big vat of my famous potato salad. I can also bring paper plates and napkins.

I guess I'll bring the chopper, maybe Flora can ride the spaceliner just to get a little variety.

Sounds like the ride is on for the Brack Attack this Saturday??? Just our luck, the weather is calling for rain.

Re: San antonio TEjas, Saturday Picnic 4-8pm @Blue Star!

I probably won't make it to the ride on saturday, too much to do for the picnic...and I have to load up quite a few bikes. Was there talk of saturday's ride from brack? Sorry I missed FRiday but a sick gal is a sick gal. I am thinking it would be easier to just pot-luck it.

also, updates and new pics on page one! if anybody needs my number its 210-875-1922.

I'm up for a ride saturday if any one else is. I'll take either my wife or daughter with me.I hope someone will be there.

I'm still planning to ride Saturday unless it is raining, so I'll probably see you there, Richard.

ok guys and gals, the national weather service is predicting rain thru sunday. Thunderstorms thunderstorms. I am going to wait for more info before cancelling the picnic on sat. As of right now the make up date for the picnic would be saturday the 19th. Will keep everybody posted.

what up guys had a blast first friday i can make the bbq at the bluestar, but i work til about 3 or 4 on saturday. let me know what u need for the bbq and i will bring it. i want to try to make the thursday ride, i will be running late if someone can call me and let me know were to meet yall, so i can just meet up with everyone. my cell (210)542-0674 DANIEL

No ride tonite, too much rain for this texas boy.

Ok guys and gals, looks like the rain is not going to let up enough by saturday, and a few people that wanted some new paint on their bikes are having dry time trouble. So new I am still gonna hope but The new date for the picnic will be Sept 19 which is the saturday after next. I don't think anybody wants to have our end of summer celebration ruined with thunderstorms and humidity. I'll know more by tomorrow, laters

Ben, proabably a good call. The 19th works fine for me. Did anyone ride last night?

Does this mean you can now make the Saturday morning ride? I'm still planning to go if it is not threatening rain. I was planning to bring a bike lock so I can stash my bike and check out the free Pearl Brewery tour that starts at 10:00. Anybody interested in doing that? How about you Richard? I know you're up for it.

--Jim

Re: San antonio TEjas, Picnic Rained out! Picnic is Sept 19th!

Dates for the picnic and show have been moved beause of the rain. The new date for the event will be Saturday Septmeber 19th. 4-8pm. So everybody has an extra week to polish their bikes up!

Jim-I will probably not make the morning ride on Saturday, have some plans with family that morning.

i'll be able to make the BBQ Saturday for sure.it's been awhile since I've been able to ride,it will be nice to get out again.

HEY, if i come out to the bbq ya'll better get up to austin for THE SOUTH AUSTIN CUSTOM AND VINTAGE BICYCLE SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! september 25th! or else?

ok fellas, looks like good weather for the weekend. So a quick rundown of the food and refreshments:

1: I am still going to cook either a brisket or some good kielobasa sausages.
2. Mr Jim will be bringing his famous Potato salad and plates and napkins. watch out Jim,mike is a potato salad snob.
3. Mike will bring the beans I believe. maybe some torillas mike?
4. Mr Daniel has said he will bring some sodas and some ice chests.

With all of that we are pretty well set up, still some loose ends here and there but nothing major.
Gonna see if the anybody can bring some forks and chips.
Beer anybody?

Also Mike and I lined up some music for the event so if anybody has any requests let either of us know!

Sounds good, Ben. Let me know if you need anything else, or help setting up. Mike need not worry, I'm a potato salad snob myself; none of that mayonaisse-drowned store-bought stuff for me; nothing but the freshest ingredients and finest extra-vigin olive oil will do. Of course, I'll expect the same standard of exellence from the Mike's beans.

I got a dude from Kerrville with some old bikes stoked about this.
He should be there!

Yeah, I can bring some tortillas; I'll have my abuelita make a fresh b atch; she works at HEB :wink:. I'm also kind of a bean snob too, so I'll try not to disgrace myself. Btw Jim, I believe Ben just threw me under the bus to mask his own potato salad snobbery. Watch out for that guy...he's been removed from a Bill Miller or two for his "reviews".

Latest posts

Back