SANDUNE 2.0 (save a Schwinn (SAS)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
july052.jpg

july053.jpg

This is the final draft. MTB flat bars.
july051.jpg

july048.jpg

Tried the road bike look.
july047.jpg

july043.jpg

july042.jpg

Tried the board tracker look.
july046.jpg

july049.jpg

I couldn't decide on which bars I wanted to use for the final project. I decided on flat bars.
As you can see from the pics below I've change change my on this build from a MTB 26" wheel platform to a 27 X 1 1/4 old school Schwinn Varsity wheelset. The rear wheel was modified with a Bendix Coaster Brake.

july029.jpg

The wheels and tires could be the best part of this build. Original chrome Schwinn S2 rims laced with new double butted spokes, New Departure rear hub, Schwinn Script front and grey 26 X 1.95 Tioga Psycho TT Kevlar old school skins.

This poor discarded old Schwinn Varsity was expensive, FREE! :D This is our first diamond frame build. We did a couple test fits; the small Schwinn Lil' Chick crankset and the 26" tires seem to fit. Gave it a fresh coat of Krylon Khaki after painstakingly grinding off the cable guides for SMOOTH look, 8)
Bikes2754.jpg

july007.jpg

july013.jpg

july010.jpg

july005.jpg

july012.jpg

july011.jpg

july031.jpg

We may or may not have a clearance problem?

july030.jpg

I realy like you're last set up and that Desert Storm look with the skip tooth i think it will look killer !

This makes me wonder why I have thrown frames like that away? Very nice build so clean!

Latest posts

Back