Saying Hi from NC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all been enjoying the forum for a week and decided to join .
I just picked a new Huffy cruiser and started looking around for some bicycles from the 1950's . This will be great for me since I can't play with cars at the moment since I have little ones now.
I have not been on a bike in 10 years.

Well anyway I look forward to being on the forum

deorman said:
That's a new one on me. Just bought it new? Hope you kept the receipt. Take it back for a replacement. :|

It will be going back tonight, anyone have any ideas on what is good to get at the moment since my local craigslist has nothing .
I was checking out these bikes at this site http://www.retrocruiserbicycles.com ? I'm new here is that ok to post a link :?

Thanks
Jaime

What model Huffy was that? I'd stay away from Micargi, I understand that they're twice as crappy as Huffy, and they cost more than twice as much. Anything under 300 bucks or so is probably going to be 50-50 as to whether you get a rider or a lemon. My Schwinn Windwood was around 140, it has been fine so far, but I gave it a good going over, and I don't slam the pedals. It's a Pacific built, same manufacturer as the Huffy Cranbrook which sells for half as much. They make a lot of the 250-700 dollar shop bikes as well.

Its a silver cranbrook ,I did pedal hard going up hill and all I heard was a pop noise and the pedals locked up . Do you think I broke bearings ?

Or the one of the retainers. One in the hub was whack on my bike when I got it, fortunately I saw and replaced it. I think this is probably the most common problem with late model cheap bikes. If you look at the ones in old American and English bikes, the difference in quality is unmistakable. Another reason why some riders boot them, as well as being able to use more balls.

deorman said:
Or the one of the retainers. One in the hub was whack on my bike when I got it, fortunately I saw and replaced it. I think this is probably the most common problem with late model cheap bikes. If you look at the ones in old American and English bikes, the difference in quality is unmistakable. Another reason why some riders boot them, as well as being able to use more balls.

Thanks for your help I got it to spin again , I like the bike would it be worth it to buy new bearings and retainers for the bike as an up grade ?

Again thanks for helping a newbie :oops:

Latest posts

Back