Scar - can I join the BO with it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am I allowed to join the BO with this bike?

The reason I ask is that I started that frame 2019 but never got it done.
Last month I digged it up from the pile and decided to make a bike from it.
Scar.jpg

So, can I join?

If you started with a bare frame on or after the start date...you should be good to go :thumbsup:.
Naturally I tried some wheels etc on it for proportions but they all came off and are replaced with other parts on the contest time frame...
It would be nice to hear from the judges.

Naturally I tried some wheels etc on it for proportions but they all came off and are replaced with other parts on the contest time frame...
It would be nice to hear from the judges.
The contest is judged by forum members. Anyone who is signed up can vote.
Since I don't have to compete against Scar, it's in a different Class, (and a different class, if you know what I mean) I have no problem.

I would like to hear what some of the class 2 contestants think

@Wildcat
@tjwilson
@GuitarlCarl
@Funkme
+ many others

Also, don't you already have a bike entered in class 2? Orange Blossom

Just talking out loud to make sure everything has been covered

I would like to hear what some of the class 2 contestants think

@Wildcat
@tjwilson
@GuitarlCarl
@Funkme
+ many others

Also, don't you already have a bike entered in class 2? Orange Blossom

Just talking out loud to make sure everything has been covered
That´s on hold because I just wanted to make this one first.
It´s all the same for me, actually. I recon I have enough time to finish Orange Blossom also.
And if I don´t then I don´t...

At this point I would think if anyone in class 2 had a protest they probably would have chimed in. I'd say go ahead. Of course I'm class 1 so I have no skin in the game

I can't see why not. It's in the catch 22 area. ( a pre-built modified finish frame) Ha ha.
You could always stick with OB and do this on the side, then you would have 2 bikes.:wink1:

Nope... Only one. But you can build it alongside the one you decide to enter, and have 2 finished bikes by the end, is what I was saying. But once you decide now, that is the one... Stick to OB that is already listed, as it is fresh and you are building. This one is interesting but frame is done, so guessing you are shuffling parts, unless you are going to do some modifications. Frame looks really cool. it is up to you in the end. Tick tock the end is coming.

The Funk has a good point. Unless you really feel that winning is the only thing, and Scar is the only way, stick with what you already entered. We'll still follow the heck outta Scar, contest or no
And on my side of things, I prefer to cast my votes to builds that are well documented and where I can follow along from the beginning on. For me the BuildOff is not about the final product, it is about the whole process.
That's why it's called BuildOff and not ShowOff!

Latest posts

Back