School snow day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How dumb is that? 1/2 inch of snow and no school, liability issues I’m told. Lawyers, guns, money and politics. Warren Zevon had it right. I’m just now driving 40 miles to town and back. They don’t hardly ever plow and don’t use sand or salt on the road into Munising. If I can’t drive I can skate. What a bunch of wimps Yoopers have become. Here is my walk to the garage, not worth the effort to even bother shoveling.
image.jpg

We have "snow days" when the temp gets below 35. Nothing to do with snow or ice, but because the majority of kids don't own coats for the cold to be out waiting on buses or walking to school

Nothing like when I was growing up in Wisconsin and we could have 8 to 10 in of accumulation overnight and the buses would still be running at 7:00 a.m.

We have "snow days" when the temp gets below 35. Nothing to do with snow or ice, but because the majority of kids don't own coats for the cold to be out waiting on buses or walking to school

Nothing like when I was growing up in Wisconsin and we could have 8 to 10 in of accumulation overnight and the buses would still be running at 7:00 a.m.
My big thrill for today was watching the train plow on my trip to town.
CAFDDE1D-E66A-4DDD-9B83-648B32E167F6.jpeg

What a bunch of wimps Yoopers have become.
Not just Yoopers. It happened here too. However, there's a bit of a scam here: school doesn't get cancelled, just the busses. That way the school still gets the govt bucks because technically they're still open. Guess who's kids walk to school, even on snow days. My boys won't be wimps. Whiners who hate their dad, perhaps, but they'll be able to handle snow.

Not just Yoopers. It happened here too. However, there's a bit of a scam here: school doesn't get cancelled, just the busses. That way the school still gets the govt bucks because technically they're still open. Guess who's kids walk to school, even on snow days. My boys won't be wimps. Whiners who hate their dad, perhaps, but they'll be able to handle snow.
That makes more sense than what they do here. Their required to have X days of school a year regardless of snow days, they just tack on what was missed at the end of the school year. Their pretty liberal dishing them out now. When I was in school they just kept them open and the bus kids didn’t make it. When I was a junior and senior we moved 3 miles from town. I rode my bike, hated waiting for the buss to leave me off. I did sports and practice was after school so I had to ride my bike or walk. I had a 49 Ford beater car as did a few but most people didn’t have one and parking was on the street only. I can’t even remember driving it to school, gas was too expensive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back