Schwinn Exerciser - What to do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this thing up pretty cheap a couple weeks ago. It is probably in the best shape of any bike i own, But I don't know what to do with it.

Should i part it out for all the cool parts or should I try to sell it as it is? The paint on this thing is beautiful. It's a shame it isn't a real bike.

2627086908_1e9a206283_o.jpg

I had one in that same condition last year....took me over a month to sell it and finally did for a whopping $50.

The seat, monster seat post, giant sprocket , funky bars and headbadge are really nice to keep. :wink:

Buck Masterson said:
You could always exersicise with it in the winter months to keep in shape for summer.

What!? everybody knows winter is for eating and sleeping, not exercising.

the chain ring is a 65 tooth (will not work on a normal bike with out modification)
the drive gear is a 14 tooth and has freewheel thread (could be used for a fixie with a lock ring)
real nice schwinn one piece crank
spedo drive should fit any 20 inch bike and cool speedometer
the chain has probley not seen any water in it's life
the seat is a nice and big with springs
lots of nuts and bolts
and cool crome handle bar stem

yes they are good for parts
i've striped several

i did use that chainring on this

pardise007.jpg

same bike but updated with 24x3/26x2.125 dyno fireballs

11itsfinished.jpg

ponytailmike
mike

The acorn nuts work really nice on the ends of axles to give them a nice finished look. There is a track cog on the wheel, the pedals - sans the stirrups make nice "barefoot" cruiser pedals.
I like the grips on them also, kind of Coke bottle-ish. I've parted out like 3-4 of these things. The rest of it makes a nice boat anchor!! :D

LOTS of good parts! even if ya dont use 'em all ya can swap 'em with someone. i parted out one of those and traded the chain ring for some parts that i did use. the seats are usually cool and seat post is long enough to get into a pipe bender for a custom post bend. the pedals are cool too cuz theyre weighted so that the top side always stays up (i parted out that same kind of excercisor last summer.) under that metal peice that houses the speedo and timer is a flat peice of metal that keeps it rigid, i mounted to a a bike and used the other holes to mount lights too.
fast eddie outty

I picked up one at a Goodwill three months ago again in mint condition it sits in the bedroom I maybe used it once or twice since its been in there. The cool thing is I just like looking at it for what it is and that color is sweet but the best thing is I feel like I am getting away with something keeping a bike in the bedroom. :mrgreen:

hey guys ....
What does not kill you,
makes you stronger
What does not make you stronger,
makes for a wild bike! :mrgreen:

Take parts and metal from two of these ...
2ceed12e.jpg

and one of these ...
a81247e3.jpg

parts of this ...
0c02c4ab.jpg

and various other parts ...
92773461.jpg

b6d86d4e.jpg

e96a5d20.jpg

plus the seat off an old exercise bike ...
62d3ebd2.jpg

then stick it all together, paint it and take it to Autorama ....
df11ff5d.jpg

eac0580d.jpg

I call her "Dark Journey". She'll be at the Clawson parade on 4th of July. Come by and take her for a ride!
She has become more rideable and sports some cosmetic touches!
Chainy

WOW Chainy, i never saw that bike complete til now !!

looks like a boobytrap for Dr Pepper addicts :shock:

love those water faucet hub axle ends too :mrgreen:

Thanks guys! I had to lose the sissybar-kinda-thingy cause I couldn't get my legs over them tro ride the beast! I also went with a front sprocket off a 16" bike so I could pedal up hills. I didn't have a long enough brakecable so I put a different set of rms (20"front, 26"coaster) and tires on her for the parade rides on the 4th. Also added a little red wagon storage bed to the back. It looks heavy .... cause it is! I figure she weighs around 90 lbs.

Well I took her for a little test ride last Wed. and it was kinda scary (first time ridden), but I had no choice, so off to the Clawson Parade she went! I loved her, she rode great and was capable of double lane street turns. This was my first ride since the operation and the only problems I had was a sore butt and my face hurt from smiling too much! :p Everyone that climbed on it were amazed by the easy ride and agility. She's not a hill climber but she rocks the flats! :mrgreen:

GTComa, mere words can not describe the way my butt feels! Trust me "comfortable" is not a descriptive word for this seat! :lol:

Almost "pickle forked" a couple of bike tires but no caualties! For pics of the new and improved "Dark Journey" check out the FreakBike website in a couple of days! I'll also post a couple on this board. We had many of the Detroit Autorama winners ride their bike in the Parades, so there's some really cool stuff!
CCR, if you win the lottery and wanna pay the shipping I'll send her to you for some riding time! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the interest and sorry for stealing this thread.
GT, p.m. me your address and I'll send you some FreakBike stickers for stealing this thread!
Chainy

Latest posts

Back