schwinn exercisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
picked up both of these Schwinn exercisers today. one at the goodwill warehouse. and one at a garage sale. paid 5 bucks each!
lots of good, usable parts on these. these 2 are like twins. only difference was the pedals. good messenger seats. nice long seat posts.
headbadges. huge chain rings. stems, chains. cranks. worth way more than the 10 bucks I paid. and now I have a matched pair of wheel covers. and a working Schwinn speedometer.

Good score never really gave that much thought but you can use many great parts [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big score right there. I have parted out a few of those. Even the acorn nuts are cool.

kingfish254,have you taken off the rubber off one of those Schwinn excerciser wheels? And if you have,are they 20 inch in size? I'm wondering if i can fit a a normal BMX 20 inch tire on there. Thanks
I am thinking they are 20 inch. the wheel covers fit on my 20 inch rims just right.
but they might be like an s-2. they look wide. I think I will find out!

and heres the answer, jayblok. YES! took me about 45 min to take the rubber off (hacksaw and screwdriver), drill the hole, mount the tire, and install on my huffy.
just like an s-2. about 1 and a half inches wide. don't know why I never thought of this, but I am glad you did. I now have a fixie 20' bike! should be a simple matter to convert to freewheel. thx jayblok:):):)

Latest posts

Back