Schwinn frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gigs picked up a Schwinn X Force frame yesterday. Very unique style. My grinder also likes it! So should we leave it alone or make it spark and cry! I don't wanna do too much to the original frame, maybe lengthen the rearend to accomodate a 26" tire. I believe it to be a 20' BMX/Freestyle contraption but it really needs more Freak.

Anyways I thought I'd ask before the grinder gets it's way, don't wanna cut up anymore collectible bikes. It's just the frame and crank, nothing else.
Give me your opinions, info or ideas. This is Gig' bikes and she won't sell or trade it, so don't ask.
Chainsaw

Chainsaw,
I have a Schwinn book that says the Z Force bikes were conceived as Schwinn worked through its chapter 11 in 1993. They came with Z-MAGs that were very similar to Tuff wheels. They also had one-piece BMX style cast handlebars. Schwinn was hoping that they would be the next Stingray but, they did not sell very well. Not sure how valuable they are but, they do have a spot in Schwinn history. It was great seeing you and gigs at Billet Proof.

Chainy,

Leave the Schwinns for the collection and the Magnas for the grinder. :lol: Unless if, you know, the grinder falls into temptation. :wink:

This is why I don't listen to Gigs! It is the Z Force not X, I guess I shouda looked at the lettering! Thanks to all who set me striaght on this!

Anyways, here's what we got ....
DSCF3516.jpg

Maybe I'll leave this frame stock but accessiFREAKerize it! :wink:

Frame stays untouched as in cutting, grinding, welding or drilling. Anything else goes! Give me you sugestions!

Boardy, I enjoyed our little get together at Billet Proof. Hope to see ya soon! If not this summer See ya a Paint Creek during the cider season! :mrgreen:

That thing is cool. I say build a banana seat bike out of it but with a Freak imagination there are so many possibilities. :wink:

PPLLEEAASSEE stretch that frame to accomodate a 24'' x 3'' white wall!!!!That bike will not ever be worth a dollar in its stock form! I was actually thinkin of building one like this for the buildoff,but you cant modify the frame.

JIM, THAT WOULD MAKE A KILLER PIXIE. :shock:

Latest posts

Back