Schwinn??? Garage sale find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Built by Cleveland Welding.....has a Monark sprocket on it.

CWC Roadmaster. They used a Monark chainring in these years so that's correct on there. It's somewhere around 1948-1952 or maybe a little newer :D great bikes!

Oh you lucky dog you. Are those torrington pedals? If so, you have 30$+ right there. These bargain garage sale finds don't turn up anymore. Everybody seems to know exactly what they have or think they have something great even if it's not.

Oh, and I just saw the serial and I think you've got a 1947 Roadmaster there. I have an 'F' code 1945 so if logic tells me anything, that would put '46 at 'G' and '47 at 'H' :D

Jpromo said:
CWC Roadmaster. They used a Monark chainring in these years so that's correct on there. It's somewhere around 1948-1952 or maybe a little newer :D great bikes!

The speed chain chainring on it was only used by Monark and pre war by Huffman on the "Dayton" badges bikes in '39. Cleveland Welding used one that looked like it but was a skip tooth chainring. Nothing at all wrong with using it.........it just isn't correct for the make. Rear rim isn't CWC either......probably changed at the same time.

I know the differences are subtle.

Monark Sprocket
MonarkSprocket1.jpg

CWC Sprocket

The speed chain chainring on it was only used by Monark and pre war by Huffman on the "Dayton" badges bikes in '39. Cleveland Welding used one that looked like it but was a skip tooth chainring. Nothing at all wrong with using it.........it just isn't correct for the make. Rear rim isn't CWC either......probably changed at the same time.

Ooh I see now, thanks for the correction. The finer details of bicycle collecting :D

It's a 1950-51. The code at the end, "AC", is actually "ACw", the small w is hard to see as it's inside the C. That series was preceded by the Cw series (1947-49), and from 1952-56, the last 2 digits of the year, followed by Cw i.e. '52Cw'. That's per my notes from the wisdom of Phil! -Adam

Latest posts

Back