SCHWINN KICK STAND BRACKET REMOVAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Has anyone removed the tubular bracket that the fork slides into on a Schwinn frame?

Wondering if that bracket helps stabilize the frame in some way and would mess things up if it were removed.

i had a stingray with one side detached, didnt ride it much but seemed okay. looked like someone tried to stick a 5 speed in a coaster frame before i got it.

I have ground them off of a couple of frames when they were to mangled to save with no ill effects. Schwinn also sold off brand frames and some low end frames without the built-in kickstand. I have a 51 Spitfire that has no built-in kickstand and the frame is the same.

Well I just made another long post that got lost somehwere, but 2manybikes got in what I was saying.

i'm lazy, i just put a plain black mtb handlebar plug in mine. at least there's no gaping hole to look at :)

I think you can use the frame without the kickstand receiver without any problems, but be careful in the removal process. I have seen several where they tried to twist it off and literally tore chunks out of the chain stays. I think I would take as much off as I could with a sawzall and then carefully grind the rest down to the tubes.

Back