Schwinn Kickstand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've been contemplating taking the kickstand off my Stingray, it's loose and falls down whenever I jump over things. Is there any easy way to get it out of there? Once it's out, will it go back in? I've never done any kickstand service before, because none of my other bikes have them!

Thanks,
-Tyler

you can always ziptie it to the stay until you can get it off.

theres a how to in another thread, hold on and i will grab the link to it

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about trying that low buck c-clamp way.

Due to the fact that I'm at work, I cannot see all of the pretty pictures that are linked to photobucket or any other image site. If this is the cylinder style kickstand, I kind of have the reverse problem. I have a Schwinn HD and when I got my bike it has the cylinder but no kickstand. Does anyone know if they make a replacement kickstand with the spring and all necessary mounting hardware?

I have the internal parts (spring, pin, etc.) and a number of stands, but unfortunately Schwinn made a multitude of different lengths with different bends, so you would need to figure out what would be correct for your bike - I may have it.

If I were to cut off the cylinder would there be a problem? I was not sure if that also doubled as some sort of brace. I kind of thought it was, but I also have a Worksman that just has a bolt on kickstand and there is no bracing between the tubing down there at all.

Back