Schwinn Kokomo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So finally getting started on this Schwinn Kokomo I got on trade. Cool backstory: A month before I got this bike I bought these wheels at a pawn shop and had a few different plans for them but couldn't get tires to fit. I got this frame a month later and threw the wheels on and liked the look.
IMG_20221108_114507705_HDR.jpg

Come to find out the wheels are the exact type that belong on this bike and it's a 27.5 inch (hence why I couldn't get tires to fit)
So after I posted the bike here and learned about the wheels I talked to the guy again and he got the frame on some different wheels and could never get the brakes to line up hence the size issue. As it turns out the pawn shop had the same problem finding tires and swapped wheels and sold the bike to him and the wheels to me. So now they are reunited once again and it will be repainted and redone.
IMG_20221207_122529253_HDR.jpg

Found the tires at a local flea market for $10 each and ordered tubes off of eBay. With my hometown being named Kokomo (Indiana) I knew I had to do something special with this one so... Enter my inspiration... An old Kokomo motorcycle. These where made back in the early teens into about 1920 and later sold out to a few other guys and became what is now John Deere. This bike will be done in the same color scheme and style.
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Latest posts

Back