Schwinn Manta Ray and Prewar Westfield

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
1972 Schwinn Manta Ray

Missing seat, shifter, and guard. Message me if you have any of these in green.

5azyja2u.jpg

Schwinn boxes and '64, '65 '67 '72 '73 '75 catalog!
hy4edesa.jpg

Prewar Carnival badged Westfield

qa6yredu.jpg

And tires. The rear is a very rare Schwinn slick. The front is less rare (if you find a NOS one)

The seat you'll pay dearly for, unfortunately. There's a new one in a bag the guy wants $450 for on Ebay. Even totaly damaged, Manta seats top $100. If you do manage to get the Manta pan, you can send it to Pete at Hyper-formance.com for a recover for a little over $100. Correct '72 shifters are out there. I'd plan on spending $150. Guards are out there too, but not cheap unless you're lucky. One is on Ebay right now for $110.

Welcome to the wonderful world of a Schwinn collector bike.

And tires. The rear is a very rare Schwinn slick. The front is less rare (if you find a NOS one)

The seat you'll pay dearly for, unfortunately. There's a new one in a bag the guy wants $450 for on Ebay. Even totaly damaged, Manta seats top $100. If you do manage to get the Manta pan, you can send it to Pete at Hyper-formance.com for a recover for a little over $100. Correct '72 shifters are out there. I'd plan on spending $150. Guards are out there too, but not cheap unless you're lucky. One is on Ebay right now for $110.

Welcome to the wonderful world of a Schwinn collector bike.

Yeah, this will probably never be that type of bike. I payed very little for it so it was a no brainer. I'm 6'4 so a 24" muscle bike is a nice fit. I'll eventually find a seat, guard, and seat but I won't pay those prices!!!

Latest posts

Back