Schwinn 'Merican

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haven't had a chance to check the date yet. #F41972 Called him thurs or friday and left a $60 offer. He waited thru the weekend to see if he could sell it and called me yesterday and took my new lower $50 offer! Bendix 2 Speed shifter. Red dot Front brake and some nice worked-in script grips. Reflector and fenders look good. You can however see where a rear rack used to live on the rear fender. Good S seat. AS bolt at the seat post. I have some correct pedals for it too. He probably would have sold it for what he was asking if he had just taken the time to photograph it well. I threw a tank I had on it and here its! Gonna be selling this one minus the grips.

Very Kool...P 8)

CCR said:
Cool deal 8) I'll give you $60 for it :mrgreen:

You sir, are a scholar (Of Springer Forks) and a gentleman to make me an offer as reasonable as that :roll: . It is with a heavy heart that I must decline....annnd one more eye roll for the road! :roll:

Having trouble with the 2 speed. Does the Bendix work like a SA hub? Where the cable screws into the bit that pulls the pin to shift it? If so I think mine is snapoed off inside. This should be fun. I'm not complaining. If nuthin ever broke i'd never get to learn how to fix it!

Very cool!

I'll buy the front wheel if you part it! Maybe the fenders also!

Nope, first pic is a knuckle that threads on the axle, when you pull the lever it drives that pin in the axle and pushes a rod and shifts gears. The rod in the axle has a spring on it so if its stuck in gear, clean it out and make sure the rod and spring still pushes in and back out.

CCR said:
Nope, first pic is a knuckle that threads on the axle, when you pull the lever it drives that pin in the axle and pushes a rod and shifts gears. The rod in the axle has a spring on it so if its stuck in gear, clean it out and make sure the rod and spring still pushes in and back out.

CCR ~ That's makes two lessons learned today! Thanks.

Nothing you wouldn't have figured out on your own :wink: Your 100% right on learning how to fix stuff. :mrgreen:

I think you'll lose money if you sell it with the tank. Keep your tank for something better. Just my 2-cents! 8) Gary

Looks like a sweet deal for a c note. I seen one like this yesterday in Santa Cruz on my lil family trip. Completley covered in rust and still rolling.

Haha, I actually almost bought that same bike but decided against it because the guy seemed super weird on the phone. The tank definitely makes it pop.

The hub is easy to re-build, I can show you how to do it if you want. :) I've rebuilt a few of those.

shawn57187 said:
Haha, I actually almost bought that same bike but decided against it because the guy seemed super weird on the phone. The tank definitely makes it pop.

The hub is easy to re-build, I can show you how to do it if you want. :) I've rebuilt a few of those.

HA he was supper creepy acting. Fully asked me to take him to an Arbys! I took him and we had a lovely dinner but still HAHAHA...For real though he was okay once I got there. He also dropped the price by 1/2! I'll email you Shawn - Thanks. You in for a weekend ride here before too long? Maybe thew weekend after Sunday Parkways?

heyslugger said:
HA he was supper creepy acting. Fully asked me to take him to an Arbys! I took him and we had a lovely dinner but still HAHAHA...For real though he was okay once I got there. He also dropped the price by 1/2! I'll email you Shawn - Thanks. You in for a weekend ride here before too long? Maybe thew weekend after Sunday Parkways?
You're much braver than I am! How many bikes do you have now? ;)

My girlfriend just arrived in town, so I am playing entertainer for the next two weeks but I'd be up for a ride after that. Hopefully the guy I paid to paint my bike will be done by then... :roll:

Latest posts

Back