• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Schwinn "Monster Ray" 26" custom muscle bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I need to move this bike along.
This is a completely UNIQUE bicycle! Someone "Catfished" the bike last year claiming they built it. But you know who built it, just follow the thread! http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/monster-ray.77433/

If you love Schwinns, or muscle bikes in general, or just like really standing out while you ride around town, this bike is a head turner! I built it because I love muscle bikes, but they are too small for me to enjoy. Now is your chance to enjoy riding your hobby!
Based off a 1971 Collegiate frame, this "Monster Ray" is built with all Schwinn parts, and painted Schwinn 'Campus Green' candy. I built this for MBBO2 and took 3rd place.

Although 'used', this bike only has maybe 20 miles on it since being completed. It's been mainly a garage queen, which explains the bumps in the paint. (pictured) That also explains the dust that you'll want to clean off to really bring out the polish.
The seat is a brand new 'Pete Seat', with his updated Campus Green material. (more true to the original) I'm 6'4", and the seat is set for a comfortable height for me. My 6' son also rides it well at this height. Taller and shorter riders will find plenty of adjustment room.

I tried to provide the most detailed pictures I could. If you have any questions, please ask. I'm asking $950 TOTAL, shipped from California.

UJAc2x.jpg

57Zl83.jpg

oXxYcj.jpg

HCUyXt.jpg

1yWzad.jpg

2KYchR.jpg

Latest posts

Back