Schwinn Runabout

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got this 1977 Schwinn Runabout from my friend Mark today for $5. It needs some work but I fell in love with the bike. It's a fairly short frame so it fits me well and I like these bars a lot better than the curl under bars that most 10 speeds have. Something different than all the middleweight beach cruisers. Very light surface rust but should clean up nicely. Love this orange color. Thinking of buying a nice set of aluminum 27" Arayas he has and throw some white tires on it.

PC260162.jpg

PC260163.jpg

License expired in '79
PC260168.jpg

And it is a local bike "Kokomo Schwinn".
PC260169.jpg

Wineman brakes
PC260171.jpg

Nice schwinn, that crank must weight a ton, I would start by replacing it with something lighter

tuga said:
Nice schwinn, that crank must weight a ton, I would start by replacing it with something lighter

I been kinda toying with the idea of making it a single speed but also thinking that keeping it semi-original would be cool too. Polished up the chrome would be some nice bling to it too.

I like the StingRay RunABouts even more though
IMAGE_282.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Me too but those are more expensive and harder to find.

This photo is how it looked when I received it in the mail from craigslist in Wisconsin to Georgia. I corrected a few things and cleaned it up and flipped it to someone in California.

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Me too but those are more expensive and harder to find.

This photo is how it looked when I received it in the mail from craigslist in Wisconsin to Georgia. I corrected a few things and cleaned it up and flipped it to someone in California.
What did it sell for if you don't mind me asking? What's the going rate for one?

I paid $225 and sold it for $400.
That was about 1.5 years ago.

They are fun little bikes. I am a big folding bike fan, so I enjoyed playing with it for a while.

Latest posts

Back