Schwinn serial # on crank case?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm pretty sure this is a repop Schwinn. Is there a rhyme and reason to their serial numbers?
SER# SNTCA04D01940

By crankcase, I think you mean the bottom bracket. No matter though, that number has way too may digits and letters to be an American made Schwinn. It may not be a Schwinn.

By crankcase, I think you mean the bottom bracket. No matter though, that number has way too may digits and letters to be an American made Schwinn. It may not be a Schwinn.
Well I did some more research and found this particular bike to be one of the 1998-1999 Schwinn Select Series of bikes that were reproduced. These were available only at authorized Schwinn Stores... not Target or Wal-Mart. this particular bike is a copper tone painted Schwinn Stingray, 20" slick on the rear, 20" brick pattern front tire, coaster brake hub. Welded just like the Chicago Schwinn's.
I just got it off of EBay and should be here next week. I'll post some pictures when I get it. I only paid $150 for it.

Latest posts

Back