schwinn site woes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to the bike scene too, but I've been into old cars for a long time, and while my first car was a '70 Mustang convertible, I much prefer the old Mercurys I have now. They are different, not everyone has one, they're a much better value, and as much fun to me as the cars people are paying silly money for.

I like pretty much all old cars and bikes, and I love Schwinns as much as the other vintage bikes. But I don't care too much to have anything (car, bike, whatever) restored to stock, and I don't want a car or bike so pristine that I can't enjoy using it.

Guess I've strayed a little from the original post, but I like this forum a whole lot more than any other that I've tried, because people here value creativity and things that are different. I hope it stays that way too!

everyone has made some good valid points...

i really liked what multipass had to say...

why do you get so mad ricky? it's just merely a conversation :wink:
(and i do know where to shop...)

this is some good insight... it seems that schwinn means something a little different to each person, yet nostalgia and american icon seem to be a common theme...

how are the moderators on the rollfast forums? :lol:

Rat Rod said:
It's all one guy...his name is Lenny, and he has mad skillz.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
where do you come up with this stuff!?! i agree it is hilarious! :lol:

yeah, that scraper bike video kills me! :p still havent figured out if they're serious, or just messing around...

maybe you should have that song on the front page...
:wink:

sb.jpg

Wow, that was a fun read trough!
My two cents....
I would rather look at Abes Rat Tanker than a restored Stingray.
The Ray was manufactured at a factory, shiny and stock. done.
Abe's was manufactured, rode, left for dead rusting in a field. then found, cut up welded back together and now turns heads wherever it goes.
The Krates are really cool, but seems that only the Billet/Trailer Queen type of guy can afford one these days.
I know a few guys really into the collecting of Schwinns....they aint like us! :mrgreen:
I'd like to see someone put a Krate next to any Ratbike/Chopper from this board out in a parking lot and see which one more people spend more time looking at, the Krate may bring back memories (which is great) but the other would keep them staring with interest. 8)

when I joined the Schwinn forums (around the time i STOPPED going there) I had photos of my Mom's bike and my Uncle's bike (matching Typhoons...one a boys frame, the other a girls frame)...instant flaming started, stating I ruined the value of both bikes by putting non-original accessories on them...until I put up a copy of the receipt (my Granddad saved it...in case of any problems!)...everything on both bikes were installed by the Schwinn dealer when the bikes were purchased...funny, nobody responded after that :?

thats another great thing about this site... no arguing. I cant stand to see online "friends" bickering about dumb stuff...its your bike and you should be able to do what you want!!

Back