Schwinn Stingray score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys im new to this forum, i'm more into bmx bikes, but this past weekend i was down in Port Aransas visiting some family and my moms cousin started talking to me about the the bikes i post on my facebook and then he told me he had a schwinn that was his when he was a kid and that i could have it. I'm not sure what year it is because there is a rust spot right on the tube :x . I plan on cleaning up the rust and selling it. Can any of you guys give me some advice on what these go for?

2befc828.jpg

4be6b5dd.jpg

d371ab21.jpg

0d078b45.jpg

Here's what I got off serial EL 552616 does that help with finding out the year? It was hard to tell if it was an 1 or 4 as the 2nd to last number.

Hi, what you got here is a ray produced in May of 75 per the serial number you have given. Someone gave it the BMX treatment as they were not sold this way with Mag style wheels. I just sold a Stingray that was correct and complete but had a somewhat rusty frame and I got $100 for it. With this one it's a hard call it would come down to what one was willing to give you without the correct rims, etc.

Latest posts

Back