Schwinn Typhoon Deluxe and.. $$$???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My friend's Dad sent me a photo text asking if I was interested in these bikes.
He picked up the pair for me, for $70. I know the Men's is a Schwinn Typhoon DeLuxe, but not sure on the girls bike.
I'll hopefully pick em up this week.
This is gettign out of hand, I need to stop buying bikes :lol:
7733852838_72a2d77fc8_c.jpg

Re: Schwinn Typhoon Deluxe and..

I had an identical black Deluxe Typhoon in '67 or '68 I bought used to do my paper route. My little StingRay just didn't cut it on the route. I put on a black with silver speckles nanner seat and apes with spinners to hold my paper bag. The 2-speed kickback made doing the route a breeze. When I passed my paper route on I sold the bike to the kid that took my route...for $25. Gary

Thanks guys, the head badge on the girls bike says Arnold Schwinn and looks much older. I will get a pic of it and the serial number hopefully today.

Here's a better image of it in case it helps.

7746028984_0cc899783d_c.jpg

Any idea on it's worth? I have a friend who is interested in it and I have no desire to fix it up but want to know a fair price before I hand it over.

DeuceWheeler said:
Any idea on it's worth?

I don't know the value of the bike but I have seen that headbadge alone go for $35-$60 on eBay.

On the girls bike, note that the frame has 2 braces instead of one between the bars. One year only for that frame...1941. Gary

You never need to stop buying bikes, just need to start selling them faster than you buy them. Around here I'd post the vintage girls bike and break even on the deal then the typhoon is all profit or keep it and the wife can't get mad because it was free.

Latest posts

Back