Schwinn Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Picked up this Schwinn Typhoon frame from GTCOMA (Greg) & thinking about just making this a comfy rider.
2012-01-3023-23701.jpg

Black frame and whitewalls is classic in my opinion. Frame looks nice. What year is it? I am building up a Typhoon. Mine is a bit rougher, so I may coat it green even though it isn't "correct" for a 1966

Terry66 said:
Black frame and whitewalls is classic in my opinion. Frame looks nice. What year is it? I am building up a Typhoon. Mine is a bit rougher, so I may coat it green even though it isn't "correct" for a 1966
January 1968

I have a set of the Nirves. They are pretty cool.....although I am seeing them alot lately. I think the whitewalls would look great on that frame, but it might be interesting to go with the slick. I guess it depends on what you're aiming for. Traditional or a little "out there" you know?

I have a Schwinn Hornet with chrome non-Schwinn rims an a Jerald slick on the back with a 1.75 tire on the front. I love it. But I also bought a white wall slick so I can change the look if wanted. My bike looks real close the the Rust Rocket Deluxe artwork with the kid riding the bike. Good luck with the Typhoon frame. Gary

Sweet find :wink: Whitewalls would look awesome on that :mrgreen:

CHAMPION123 said:
I have a Schwinn Hornet with chrome non-Schwinn rims an a Jerald slick on the back with a 1.75 tire on the front. I love it. But I also bought a white wall slick so I can change the look if wanted. My bike looks real close the the Rust Rocket Deluxe artwork with the kid riding the bike. Good luck with the Typhoon frame. Gary
Can i see pics?

rusty513 said:
Should I go with a jerald sulky slick in the rear & a 26x1.175 up front in all black walls or 26x2.125 Nirve beep whitewalls front & back?

Gerald white wall slick in the back and a black wall up front.

Bought a tank yesterday & put it on but it did not look right since the tank said Schwinn & so did the top bar so I decided to sand off the lettering on the top bar & repaint it. Finally I waxed the frame. Added some chrome wheels & I think I'm going with the Nirve Whitewalls.
P2050001-3.jpg

P2050002-2.jpg

Terry66 said:
Nice on the tank....So are you thinking full fenders? I'm hoping to have mine ready to assemble the end of next week.
Actually I'm thinking no fenders. I may take off that half fender in the rear & put on a bobbed one. Looking forward to seeing pics of yours.

Latest posts

Back