Schwinn Typhoon?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
My first vintage Schwinn. Got it at a yard sale yesterday. A little bit of research leads me to guess that it is a 1965 typhoon.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

It was originally red with painted fenders and painted wheels. It also has a yellow band Bendix automatic 2 speed hub.

866-1394930745-cc072f434e519e4e55e3cf66f8bc5b96.jpg

Doesn't look too bad as is but the repaint gives you license to do whatever you want with it without worrying about messing up an original bike. The Typhoon was the low end middle weight so it isn't some valuable museum piece. They made plenty and restoring to show room condition would be a huge waste of cash.

Doesn't look too bad as is but the repaint gives you license to do whatever you want with it without worrying about messing up an original bike. The Typhoon was the low end middle weight so it isn't some valuable museum piece. They made plenty and restoring to show room condition would be a huge waste of cash.

Exactly what he said. I bought mine on the cheap and turned it into this...
ysa5amat.jpg

I say go crazy with it! Even if you don't they are still great riding bikes and built bullet proof.

~Ron~

Latest posts

Back