Schwinns. Three for free!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. RJ is great. Most of what I learned about bikes was from watching him. I already ordered the FFG-2 from my bike shop. I actually just started on a Raleigh with a slightly bent frame. So the tool will be put to good use right away.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to stick around a while!

giphy (3).gif

😏😉😂

Need some advice on the sidewinder. The drive side dropout is bent. The owner mentioned that the rear derailleur got caught up in the spokes. Not sure if the bent dropout was the cause or result.

Either way I am looking for advice on how to correct this. Is there a way to cold set the dropout back into shape? Help.

View attachment 218727View attachment 218728View attachment 218729
i have fixed plenty of frames with this problem.
i have an old bicycle research crank arm straightener.
its approx 8 " long with 2 slotted cutouts to bend chainrings back into shape.i use the thicker cuot out and slide it on the bottom of the dropout and basically pound on the tool til the dropout goes back in shape.
never had a steel one break on my but you may want to apply some heat to make it easier.
s-l1600.jpg

You did a fantastic job fixing up that Sidewinder! That thing is cool as heck!

Thank you!

You do anything cool with those baskets?
Not yet. I have a similar small one that I am going to try on Susan’s City Slicker (Raiegh Sports). The large one is hinting to me it wants to be part of a grocery getter build.

Latest posts

Back