Schwummit strandie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the paint curing on these for the next week or so
2222B6DF-9669-4826-A1B4-13B1054EBEED.jpeg

Well, went to a new powdercoater for a quote yesterday....
Hmmm.....$200 for blast/powder...eh,no....
In a moment of disappointment, I entertained the thought of stripping the frame and rattlecanning it, I tried a ‘citrus-based’ brush on stripper.
Hahaha, that industrial yellow paint just giggled at me....[emoji849].
I’ve got about a day and a half of vacation left, I may give my ‘old’ coater a text....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shop around, I can get a frame and fork blasted and powder coated for $100. I have to drive 140 miles one way, then again to pick it up, so perhaps it’s a wash. That’s like 560 miles.

Thanks, “Why Won’t This #%^*~^* Yellow Come Off!” was getting a little old....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use a torch on the areas where a angle grinder grit biscuit disc won’t reach. The paint comes off fast, no need for chemical strippers. Burn off the hard to reach areas. Takes less than an hour to remove all the paint.

Finally got the Worksman wheelset sorted and installed. Decided to put a QR on the front because…I’ve never seen anyone do it for one, it also ‘may’ come in handy for future bike hauling. Also been running these vintage yellow Oakley 3 Cobra grip knockoffs (I think they’re ’Team Cycle’ which used be be sold at KMart back in the old days. Took it for my typical Saturday loop, it rides really nice.Hope you like the current version .
Merry Christmas everyone!
IMG_4302.jpeg
IMG_4303.jpeg
IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4305.jpeg

Finally got the Worksman wheelset sorted and installed. Decided to put a QR on the front because…I’ve never seen anyone do it for one, it also ‘may’ come in handy for future bike hauling. Also been running these vintage yellow Oakley 3 Cobra grip knockoffs (I think they’re ’Team Cycle’ which used be be sold at KMart back in the old days. Took it for my typical Saturday loop, it rides really nice.Hope you like the current version .
Merry Christmas everyone!
View attachment 254774View attachment 254775View attachment 254776View attachment 254777
I’d ride that 😉

Latest posts

Back