Scrapper has ladies Elgin..value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found a local Scrapper that hangs on to the older stuff, and went to check out a ladies Elgin he had..
It is really similar to the second bike posted in this thread:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-see-your-elgins.50798/

He says it is a 39, how he knows I don't know.

Typical house paint job with rusted up chain, locked up headset, most of the chrome is gone from the stem and bars, tires gone, etc. Skirt guards are both there but one has some bent areas. Rusty stand , has the fender bracket, fenders are pretty good.
No good chrome that I could see. Ribbed rear hub, I think the brake arm said Elgin on it.

He is wanting way more than I usually spend because he saw one on Ebay, of course. Am I missing out? Are the parts from these worth enough to justify getting it to part out?

I've seen these all restored..(Ichi had one hanging from the ceiling once..) and they are really sweet all redone. But the expense of all that rechroming would blow any budget.

So did I miss the boat leaving it there? I got pics but inadvertently put them on the camera memory instead of the SD card, so I have to find a cable to transfer them.

Yup. It's nice, but rotted out women's frames have minimal value.

Tell him to pound sand and good luck making anything after shipping on fleabay.

Latest posts

Back