Scrapyard Mule

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
01_rearQTR.jpg

02_side.jpg

03_frntQTR.jpg

Inprocess Images
04_inprocessImages.jpg

See the build thread here.

Ride Video (fender's a little clanky, need to look at that :wink1:)

The FIRST picture is awesome!
It has that cartoon angles and oblong wheels look to it like a T-shirt pic. Brilliant shot. As always Mr Wilson has done it again, it's got all the bicycle parts but looks like nothing I've ever seen. +1

GC.

WOW!
That is really something else

I don't feel the pang of envy often, but this is one of those times....

Great job - that brake handle may be my favorite part

I dig the alien design of this bike, how would it ride with the fork turned ¨upside down¨?

I'd bet probably better than it does now. That would make it more like a chopper though, if I understand right. I was shooting to keep the overall silhouette low with the head tube below the height of the tires and the front tire pushed out forward.

The FIRST picture is awesome!
It has that cartoon angles and oblong wheels look to it like a T-shirt pic. Brilliant shot. As always Mr Wilson has done it again, it's got all the bicycle parts but looks like nothing I've ever seen. +1

GC.

Thank you Carl. Do you know, is there a T-shirt/cartoon image that looks like that? When I took the picture it struck me as familiar but I haven't been able to place it.

WOW!
That is really something else

I don't feel the pang of envy often, but this is one of those times....

Great job - that brake handle may be my favorite part

Thanks. Funny you mention the brake handle. Like a lot of pieces to this build it just fell into place. I had to mount it there because that was the longest brake cable I had!

TJ, you've done it again! And, just to satisfy our curiosity, I googled " cartoon - animated - bicycle - lowrider - chopper" and there is nothing like your 'Mule' out there. :bigsmile:

Your scratch builds have always been amazing. This 'scrapyard' build has it's own panache. :41:

TJ, you've done it again! And, just to satisfy our curiosity, I googled " cartoon - animated - bicycle - lowrider - chopper" and there is nothing like your 'Mule' out there. :bigsmile:

Your scratch builds have always been amazing. This 'scrapyard' build has it's own panache. :41:

Thanks, and thanks for the research too. That view just looks like I’ve seen it somewhere before.

Thank you Carl. Do you know, is there a T-shirt/cartoon image that looks like that? When I took the picture it struck me as familiar but I haven't been able to place it.
I think it's more of a style of 'toon than any exact image I can think of either. But it sure has that look! Great work from a great builder. Cheers.

Carl.

First sentence from your build thread: “I can squeak in maybe seven days so lets give it a try. Ready, set, go...”

You actually took nine days. So lets everyone keep things in perspective here, and not get all carried away with praise.

Spectacular as always.

furyus

First sentence from your build thread: “I can squeak in maybe seven days so lets give it a try. Ready, set, go...”

You actually took nine days. So lets everyone keep things in perspective here, and not get all carried away with praise.

Spectacular as always.

furyus

Awesome comment. Thanks

Back