Scrapyard pickins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to the scrapyard to take in some scrap I found in the alley down from my house (neighbor got a new garage door and opener, I got 6 ft of bike chain and a reason to go looking for bikes at the scrapyard.) well I load up and the trike handles it like it wasn't there.
image-55.jpg

As I roll up I see a tire hanging out of the scrap bin. I look closer and the rest of the bike is there too! Only thing wrong with it is a flat tire. Guy scrapped it to get cab fare home in the rain. :roll:

I normally don't mess with Walmart stuff but this bike is just too complete to die now. And I already picked the cheap combo lock so I can lock it up too!
image-56.jpg

Nice motocross style bars
image-57.jpg

Diamondback shin shredder pedals
image-58.jpg

charliechaindrive said:
Looks nice!
That's what I thought, definately too nice to be scrapped, I figured for the $10 I paid I'll put a tube in it and either sell it or make a trail ride bike out of it. Might swap the bars if I sell it though.

charliechaindrive said:
Id rob all the parts for a klunker, and use the rear swingarm to adapt a 26 inch wheel to any type of frame.
I've already parted out a bunch of mountain bikes and have parts all over my shed. This one will probably just be a clean up and flip or beat on it out on the trails, maybe throw one of my three trailers behind it and make it one of my minions. :mrgreen:

As far as a klunker goes I'm just waiting on the right frame.

largek9 said:
Did the scrap load cover the loot you paid for the bike ? $$ :)
Most of it, the bike was $10 the scrap amounted to $8 and some change. Most times that's why I haul junk, to find bikes. You'd be amazed at some of my scrapyard finds! I've found Schwinns, Redline, Hoffman, my recumbent trike I had, countless nice Walmart bikes, several more frames and parts, exc.

Got the tire fixed and it rides pretty decent. I posted it at $60 I figure I'll negotiate to $40 or keep it and scavenge parts for other projects or just use it as a backup.

Latest posts

Back